• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [WORKING] Stock Nandroid Backup

This is a working stock nandroid backup that has been tested. It is a necessity due to the lack of a dependable source for a stock backup. I will include several mirrors to increase its reliability.

If you don't know where to place it, here are some quick instructions. Extract the folder, navigate to clockwork folder on your sdcard, Place the stock backup within the backup folder in clockwork. Power down, Enter CWM-based touch recovery (Power+Vol dn), Backup & Restore, Restore and select the folder.

Mirrors

Mirror 1: Google Drive

Mirror 2: Dropbox

Mirror 3: Speedy Share

Mirror 4: RapidShare

Mirror 5: Uppit

it is not a stock recovery. it is a backup of the stock rom that can be used through cwm recovery.

I know that, that is why I replied to the thread in the first place to clarify what the op has stated. Especially for noobs.
Now if someone could post a "Stock Recovery" this forum would be completely ready for actual development. :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
why is it saved as a .rar and not .zip?

I was trying to keep the file size as low as possible. Rar has better compression than zip. A lot of the file upload sites have limits per file. In retrospect though, I should have uploaded a zip version to any site that allowed the bigger file. I will do that now.

Reactions: MidshipAc
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones