• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Working tethering apps on the prevail

chin checka

Oct 19, 2011
IVE SEEN NUMEROUS TETHERING APPS FOR THE PREVAIL.

SOME THAT WORK. SOME THAT DONT.

OPENING THIS THREAD TO FIND OUT WHICH TETHERING APPS ARE STILL COMPATIBLE WITH THE PREVAIL.

ALOTTA PEOPLE USE DIFFERENT TETHERING APPS.

THE CURRENT ONE I USED AND STILL WORKS TO DATE
WITH NO HASSLE ON SETUP IS:
FOXFI
WHICH IS FREE DOWNLOAD FROM THE ANDROID MARKET.

I HAVE USED THE ANDROID WIFI TETHER NOT SURE IF IT STILL WORKS.

ANYONE ELSE HAVE A WORKING TETHER APPS ON THE PREVAIL?

All the info you need for WiFi Tether :

http://db.tt/dqXaFuno

( This .doc and links included were not created by myself, I just did a copy/paste, so all credits go to the author )

Edit 1: DITTO what kevincott said..... I also only tether when my regular connection is down for some reasons.

Edit 2: Another wired option would be EasyTether which I used in the past and works great as well..... but it cost a few bucks !

Upvote 0
I have Klink for cable tether and wireless tether for root users for wireless. It stiil works for ad hoc and true wifi tether when set up properly. Device profile needs to be set for Samsung galaxy indulge and set up method needs to be set on soft tap for Samsung (master) for true wifi tether that will work for Xbox and such. If not set on those settings, works as ad hoc only.

Edit:

Kevin, I bought Klink when I 1st purchased my prevail before rooting and got it for only .99 cents. :D .
It was when it 1st came out and only had a handful of reviews and users for the app. Its grown in popularity over the past few years and rightly so. Its a damn good app.

Same as you guys... I only tether when regular internet is down. I may tether for a very short period once a month. Data while tethering is minimal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones