• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Working with MS Office documents?

jggonzalez

Mar 1, 2011
Is anyone using their HTC Sensation to view/edit MS Office documents? I use Documents To Go on my Optimus M for work. I'm pretty limited in what I can do. When I call up an MS Word document with graphs and charts I can see the text but not the charts. I need to open those separately. Its also slow when displaying presentations and spreadsheets. Would the extra horsepower of the Sensation enable me to view combined text/graphics better and maybe do some light editing?

Now that I've got it, I'll answer my own question. Documents to Go works great on the Sensation. I'm able to view .doc, .xls, and .ppt files without any problems and even do a bit of editing. There is another program that came with the Sensation, Polaris Office, but I haven't used it. I've already paid for Documents to Go and I'm used to it.

Upvote 0
Now that I've got it, I'll answer my own question. Documents to Go works great on the Sensation. I'm able to view .doc, .xls, and .ppt files without any problems and even do a bit of editing. There is another program that came with the Sensation, Polaris Office, but I haven't used it. I've already paid for Documents to Go and I'm used to it.

I have DocsToGo on my Sensation an I like it because of its UI :)
But I use Polaris too and the reason is: DocsToGo doesn't show/edit header and footer of a doc. Polaris does this and it is helpfull if I has to edit a header or footer.
It is no problem to use both of it on the same doc :)

EDIT: And both can show/edit foot notes in Word docs. Polaris together with the text, DocsToGo seperately.

Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones