• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Working with .odex file, need help

thegame3202

Apr 2, 2010
Ok, so the clock setting (colorwise) in BH man's behold 2 1.6 no twiz version is in /system/framework/services.odex... Which is weird, because it should be in the services.jar, but there is nothing in there except the meta-file. I tried editing the services.odex with baksmali and recompiling but the phone didn't seem to like me changing it back to an odex file. How the heck do I replace this file with my changes? I even tried placing my recreated dex file in services.jar as "classes.dex" and deleting the odex file from my phone so as to hoping it would pull it from the classes.dex file I made. Any ideas? Thanks!

Ok, so the clock setting (colorwise) in BH man's behold 2 1.6 no twiz version is in /system/framework/services.odex... Which is weird, because it should be in the services.jar, but there is nothing in there except the meta-file. I tried editing the services.odex with baksmali and recompiling but the phone didn't seem to like me changing it back to an odex file. How the heck do I replace this file with my changes? I even tried placing my recreated dex file in services.jar as "classes.dex" and deleting the odex file from my phone so as to hoping it would pull it from the classes.dex file I made. Any ideas? Thanks!

This could be a really stupid answer, but maybe I did learn a thing or two by reading these forums. Can't you de-odex the file and make it an apk file?

Upvote 0
There is no classes.dex file... lol. That's what I'm saying. In /system/framework there is a services.jar and a services.odex.... If you open the jar, only the meta folder is in it, no classes.dex like there should be. Services.odex has all of the info that should be in classes.dex.... it's weird.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones