• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Working xposed modules (tmo/metro users on 6.0)

xyourxhighnessx

Android Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2015
this will be a useful thread where we share our information on which xposed modules work with the lg g stylo running marshmallow (tmo/metro variant).

My device is metro but im running the tmo 6.0 firmware.

I have su. Twrp busybox and xposed.

So far these modules are either 100% working or mostly working

Issues im aware of so far:
Lucky patcher's patch to android isnt fully working. License verification always true cant be patched. Idk why yet.

Gravity box has some settings that arent compatible with our device. Many options do work. Do not attempt to change the lockscreen to the last screen showing when the device was unlocked.

Upon clicking to activate it my phone instantly reboot itself (and it didnt even work). All the other options that arent compatible with our devices just simply dont work so no harm in trying any other settings.

Android n-ify only works for the double tap of the recents button in the nav bar. Subtitle in the menus doesnt in list mode and it already has that feature stock in tab mode so there's no change.

Here's what i have successfully Working on my stylo so far

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-03-20-47-33.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-03-20-47-33.png
    142.6 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 0
I tried root cloak but my old test (and i knew it would be a long shot) was with android pay and it didn't work. I heard there was no current fix for using android pay with root but i was hoping maybe it worked and just no one tried it yet. But it didnt work.

What do u use root cloak for?

Hows xhangouts working for you? It killed a precious phone i had. I constantly got "unfortunately com.hangouts blah blah has stopped" over and over again.

Also are you on the paid lg apps theme engine or the free version?

Any interesting features you've come across with any of these?

Upvote 0
Yeah, I mainly got Root Cloak to try and use Android Pay. That never worked. Google has that locked down tight.

However, for my Verizon FIOS app, they started blocking phones that were rooted. I set Verizon FIOS as one of the apps on RC as an experiment and it worked! I can watch live TV on the Verizon app. The Verizon app still sucks though because they limit the channels when away from home. RC also worked for my local TV news app. For some reason, I could not watch any videos they posted.

XHangouts had some recent updates and works great. Only issue is when Hangouts updates, you have to wait for the Xhangouts dev to update, otherwise, it does not work at all.

I didn't pay so I must be on the free or trial version of LG Theme Engine. Some of the features of this LG Theme app are similar to the G4/g3 Tweakbox features. (I think). I have been messing around with both so I have to be careful of any conflicts.

Android N-ify is still new so I hope they keep working on what their goals were.

Reactions: xyourxhighnessx
Upvote 0
Some cool gravity box options for anyone interested....

I found one super useful setting that ive used pretty extensively. Android n-ify has the "double tap recents" to switch back and fourth from the current and previous app without the need to press recents and select the last app manually. Which is great.

Gravity box has this same concept and it can be applied to all software keys.

Now a double tap of my back button takes a screenshot. A long press records the screen (unfortunately theres a 3 min recording limit and there is zer sound) but can still be useful.

Long press of home still is google now on tap but a double tap opens a small compact app launcher (from any screen the home key is present/accessible (not on the lock screen sadly).

You can select up to 12 apps to to to there.

See the pic. Thats what it looks like when i double tap home button.

Ill probably change out some of my apps with more useful ones. I figure its good to have quick access to anything important immediately without any navigation away from what you're doing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-04-16-31-47.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-04-16-31-47.png
    210.2 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: tube517 and Blu8
Upvote 0
I have these installed. The ones with the NEW tag I haven't messed with yet. Xstana, Softkeyz and the Android theme engine apps im not 100%. All the other ones work for me with the exception of a few functions here and there inside Gravity Box and XBlast.

P.S. Im with Metro running the Tmo MM. Bootloader unlocked and all that stuff.
Screenshot_2016-05-31-21-48-37.png Screenshot_2016-05-31-21-54-10.png
Screenshot_2016-05-31-21-48-37.png
Screenshot_2016-05-31-21-54-10.png

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0
I have these installed currently. I may get rid of xnotifications. Its buggy sometimes

The new Nify update ruins the clock in the notification panel but ill keep it anyone hoping it gets fixed later

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-01-17-54-37.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-01-17-54-37.png
    185.4 KB · Views: 143
  • Screenshot_2016-06-01-17-54-42.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-01-17-54-42.png
    178.1 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 0
So I've never personally used Xposed (I don't know why, I've been rooting for years) and I get this error when trying to install the framework on my rooted, Metro Stylo running on the T-Mobile 6.0 update with unlocked bootloader. I'd really like to try some of these modules. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-05-12-55-38.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-05-12-55-38.png
    91.1 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones