1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support World phone Google voice customization

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by list2005, May 20, 2012.

1. list2005

list2005 Lurker
    None

May 20, 2012
    Engineer
    Pacific North West
    Hi;

I recently got the chance to use my incredible 2 while travelling to Norway.

I am based in the US, and as such, I have google voice set to automatically dial out to international numbers. This works fine in the US, when I am in Norway, using a local SIM card, I would like to use the SIM card for dialing Norwegian numbers, and google voice for anything else.

How do I make google voice realize that which calls are international depends on where I am?

As a band aid solution, I made double entries for those people from my contact list I was calling, but I am sure there is a better solution.

Jan

Advertisement

2. amlothi

amlothi Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    There is an app called Voice Choice which allows you to make a list of phones to call with Google Voice (and other numbers are called directly by default) or vice versa.

However, there is no way for Google Voice to detect that you are in a different country and change automatically. You could probably use the Voice Choice app to set a list of numbers and only enable it when overseas or something. Either way, you will need to manually change *something* along with your SIM card.

3. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    EMT
    Minneapolis
    You can set google voice to ask every time you dial whether you want to use it or not.