• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Worried About Privacy! Help!!

Hiatus

Lurker
Jul 28, 2011
Hey all,

My Samsung Galaxy S2 phone broke down and since it was under warranty, I'm sending it back for a warranty exchange.

By broke down, I mean my phone can NOT turn on. When I hold the power button, there is no vibration and I can't connect to it through my laptop.

My question is, how secure is this transaction with T-mobile/Samsung? I have lots of passwords/accounts/files that I wouldn't want other eyes to look at and I'm a bit paranoid by the whole process.

And yes, I did speak to a T-Mobile customer support person and they said that it was secure, but just from another source, what do you guys think?

Thanks

Hey all,

My Samsung Galaxy S2 phone broke down and since it was under warranty, I'm sending it back for a warranty exchange.

By broke down, I mean my phone can NOT turn on. When I hold the power button, there is no vibration and I can't connect to it through my laptop.

My question is, how secure is this transaction with T-mobile/Samsung? I have lots of passwords/accounts/files that I wouldn't want other eyes to look at and I'm a bit paranoid by the whole process.

And yes, I did speak to a T-Mobile customer support person and they said that it was secure, but just from another source, what do you guys think?

Thanks

Yes secure, ask they do is connect to there system completely wipe there device and reflash with official stock IMG, no need to worry about data

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones