• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mclem2013

Lurker
Aug 14, 2012
I just got the Droid Bionic back in June. I have had problems with the phone shutting itself off, for no reason, and not coming back on until I have taken the battery out. It does not happen all the time but when it does, it happens several times in a row. The battery is fully charged when this happens, sometimes even right off of the charger. Any suggestions? Is it the battery or the phone?

I had the same problem with a new Bionic that I received in June. It would completely shut down every 2 or 3 days and the only way to start it was to pull the battery or plug it in.

I contacted VZW and they exchanged it with another one (certified new). That was almost a month ago and this one has never shut down. I'm using the same battery that I had in my first Bionic.

Call VZW and swap it with another one.

Upvote 0
I just got the Droid Bionic back in June. I have had problems with the phone shutting itself off, for no reason, and not coming back on until I have taken the battery out. It does not happen all the time but when it does, it happens several times in a row. The battery is fully charged when this happens, sometimes even right off of the charger. Any suggestions? Is it the battery or the phone?

Most definitely the phone. Read below.

I had the same problem with a new Bionic that I received in June. It would completely shut down every 2 or 3 days and the only way to start it was to pull the battery or plug it in.

I contacted VZW and they exchanged it with another one (certified new). That was almost a month ago and this one has never shut down. I'm using the same battery that I had in my first Bionic.

Call VZW and swap it with another one.

^^^^^ This.

Upvote 0
One thing not mentioned yet ... make sure the SIM card is firmly and squarely seated.

And to save your fingernails ... instead of a "battery pull" ... hold down the volume up/volume down/power buttons until a menu appears and then disappears. This is the same as a "battery pull" followed by a power on.

If the SIM positioning doesn't help this one ... as John suggested ... get it replaced.

... Thom

Reactions: johnlgalt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones