1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Worried

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mclem2013, Aug 14, 2012.

1. mclem2013

mclem2013 Lurker

I just got the Droid Bionic back in June. I have had problems with the phone shutting itself off, for no reason, and not coming back on until I have taken the battery out. It does not happen all the time but when it does, it happens several times in a row. The battery is fully charged when this happens, sometimes even right off of the charger. Any suggestions? Is it the battery or the phone?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dabrador

Dabrador Android Enthusiast

I had the same problem with a new Bionic that I received in June. It would completely shut down every 2 or 3 days and the only way to start it was to pull the battery or plug it in.

I contacted VZW and they exchanged it with another one (certified new). That was almost a month ago and this one has never shut down. I'm using the same battery that I had in my first Bionic.

Call VZW and swap it with another one.

3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Most definitely the phone. Read below.

^^^^^ This.

4. One thing not mentioned yet ... make sure the SIM card is firmly and squarely seated.

And to save your fingernails ... instead of a "battery pull" ... hold down the volume up/volume down/power buttons until a menu appears and then disappears. This is the same as a "battery pull" followed by a power on.

If the SIM positioning doesn't help this one ... as John suggested ... get it replaced.

... Thom

johnlgalt likes this.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews