• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Worst camcorder ever!!!

unkillable

Jun 3, 2010
This is a rant

Tonight I'm at a halloween party and I wanted to take video. The epic has failed me greatly. Of all the 5 or so videos I've tried to record, only one came out correctly.

First of all, why do I have to hit the non mms video option everytime I start it up? Why isn't something like this remembered? This forces me to go through a whole extra press which makes me miss out on moments that are happening immediately.

If that's not the problem, even if you hit both, the cam doesn't consitantly record. Twice I hit the record and it was not recording.

But things get even worse, I get video fails all the time. It just says it stopped recording. I have a whole gig free and it just stops for no f'n reason. and even on top of that, the one video that I intentionally wasted time double checking every stop to see it record, the PHONE FREEZES. The video just stopped and it locked up so I had to take out the battery.

This is unacceptable. The quality is amazing at times, but samsung has really done a terrible job with this software. I'm disgusted and I pray they take notice and bring some changes to probably the least consistant camcorder I have ever used.. even on phones like my crappy cam htc mogul, it shot video when I wanted it too, no question no fail.

Reactions: Biged1966
This is a rant

Tonight I'm at a halloween party and I wanted to take video. The epic has failed me greatly. Of all the 5 or so videos I've tried to record, only one came out correctly.

First of all, why do I have to hit the non mms video option everytime I start it up? Why isn't something like this remembered? This forces me to go through a whole extra press which makes me miss out on moments that are happening immediately.

If that's not the problem, even if you hit both, the cam doesn't consitantly record. Twice I hit the record and it was not recording.

But things get even worse, I get video fails all the time. It just says it stopped recording. I have a whole gig free and it just stops for no f'n reason. and even on top of that, the one video that I intentionally wasted time double checking every stop to see it record, the PHONE FREEZES. The video just stopped and it locked up so I had to take out the battery.

This is unacceptable. The quality is amazing at times, but samsung has really done a terrible job with this software. I'm disgusted and I pray they take notice and bring some changes to probably the least consistant camcorder I have ever used.. even on phones like my crappy cam htc mogul, it shot video when I wanted it too, no question no fail.

I too have the same situation with the camcorder. Every time I launch the camcorder it ALWAYS displays "Normal" or "Limit for MMS" before it will let me shoot. I dont have ANY of the other issues that you're having though.

Does anyone know if this a setting that can be changed so the default will be normal?

I have the Samsung MicroSD card that came with the phone

Upvote 0
I have the iPhone 4 as well and debating to swicth to the EPIC. I've had it for 3 days noy and DO NOT LIKE THE CAMERA/VIDEO CAPABILITIES ON THIS PHONE. To send a video via MMS i have to reduce the resolution to 177 x 144? WTF IS THAT? that is 1982 video quzlity. How in the world do you come out with a phone like this with a weak ass capibility like that? I am leaning to cancel my Sprint service and stay with AT&T. This is pathetic

This is unacceptable. The quality is amazing at times, but samsung has really done a terrible job with this software. I'm disgusted and I pray they take notice and bring some changes to probably the least consistant camcorder I have ever used.. even on phones like my crappy cam htc mogul, it shot video when I wanted it too, no question no fail.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones