• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Worst phone I've ever owned

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are bound to be people who don't like this phone. Let them vent and ignore or offer help. If the OP doesn't want help then that was his moment of glory on here and we go on with ourselves. What's the big deal?

To the OP...if you want a bad phone...go get an Omnia (the first one). :)

Awww the ominia wasn't bad once you started tossing custom ROMS on it. :) ROOT FOR THE ERIS!!!!

Upvote 0
OP didn't really say how long he has had the phone but if it is just a matter of days or even weeks before he went on a business trip and he expects to not run into problems and frustration, that was his first mistake. The learning curve is pretty steep, especially for those of us where this is our first smart phone, but we hung in there. Think back to the frustration most of us had the first week we got the phone. But part of the fun for me has been figuring out how this thing works and setting it up so that it purrs...to my specifications. That is what is great about the Android system, imo. And personally, I'm not interested in listening to someone's rant.

Upvote 0
why in the heck was my post deleted, I said nothing bad or wrong, I see this is another forum with ingorant mods

While the conversation that ensued following this quote was indeed hilarious, not as on topic as I'd hoped this thread would stay.

He removed your post because he was cleaning up the thread. Which is okay, don't get too upset.

Keep it on topic people.
While I will be linking the "who's awesome? you're awesome" picture to friends momentarily - it'll be getting removed with the rest of the conversation. ;)

p.s. Please don't get to callin' names 'n stuff. That's "bad or wrong". Thanks.

Upvote 0
I won't say that the Eris is completely without issues. But it's great for me. I will say I've had the funnest time playing with this phone.

Now if you want to talk about a piece of junk, the Motorola Rival was the absolute worst. Bought four of them for my family. Two of them are still going strong. The other two resulted in a total of 6 replacements from V at no cost, just as good will after the warranty ran out because they are such junk. I was so frustrated that the manager at V finally gave me new pricing on the Eris so I could get of the Rival.

Upvote 0
While the conversation that ensued following this quote was indeed hilarious, not as on topic as I'd hoped this thread would stay.

He removed your post because he was cleaning up the thread. Which is okay, don't get too upset.

Keep it on topic people. While I will be linking the "who's awesome? you're awesome" picture to friends momentarily - it'll be getting removed with the rest of the conversation. ;)

p.s. Please don't get to callin' names 'n stuff. That's "bad or wrong". Thanks.

Thank you for warning me to get a screen cap of this. It goes down in Great (or at least funny) Moments in Androidforums.com History. I am putting it right next to that thread with the minor who was announcing that she was back to the Eris because all of the creepy men in the Droid forums scared her away.

Upvote 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggangi
Just delete this thread! Why let it take up server space or our time having to scroll over it.
I just don't understand that. If they start deleting threads started by Eris users mad at their device this website would have quite a bit less usage than it does now, to say the least.

Let's read back and find addressable issues in the OP's posting and see if we can help. Maybe he'll calm down then and make a post that you won't want deleted.

What, is this China?

Upvote 0
Well if the OP is still around I carry a storm and an Eris, and while the storms battery does last marginally longer than the eris (when mine isnt being sapped by something else) I have no problem making it through the day with either. but on the Storm I had to turn off wifi and gps to get through the day too.
Call quality is actually very very close between the two, the Eris sounds "smoother" maybe? the Storm seems to have a little more detail bu either one is fine by me.

I guess what I'm saying is you have a bum phone, its up to you whether you want to try another HTC device but I've actually been extremely impressed with this phone voice and reception wise, I actually made a call with mine when the storm wouldnt grab a signal!

Upvote 0
This is one thing about android forums I have begun to notice
and it's actually in this forum(eris) and not the droid or hero or other devices(that i've seen anyways)

It seems like each phone section has it's own niche...droid is full of "geek type", the hero forums seems to want to be better than the iphone and the eris forum seems to attack ppl.

First of all, this is my opinion...so therefore I am not wrong.

I say this because I notice anytime somebody says something that is "wrong" they are instantly called "trolls", waste of time and energy, attention whores, drama queens, etc etc.

I've been on the receiving end on this.

I do agree about 50% of what the OP was saying about this phone. I have a lot of complaints about this phone that irks my nerves daily...

It's not perfect...it's an average smart phone...

The worse phone for me? My Omnia and Imagio...Windows mobile seriously makes you consider suicide...UGH..getting mad remembering all the issues i have

But it bothers me when someone who owns the phone and voices their opinion is called a "troll" or claiming to get attention.

Go to the verizon website and they have the eris and a section to review and you will see some excellent reviews as well as some awful reviews but those ppl have the right to voice their opinion.

I though Android forums was a site dedicated solely to android for ppl like myself and others who are unfamiliar to it to come ask questions and also blow off some steam..

To me trolling is someone with a droid or a sprint hero or iphone or whatever saying the eris is a POS...

He/she owned the eris...brought the eris...they have every right to complain about it...

I said it before...there are so many threads that i see daily that do not interest me...i see stuff that annoys and aggravates me but to be honest I don't care enough to post comments...

This bothers me because for the past 2 weeks i see someone getting called out and nobody says anything against it and it's like a "mob mentality"

Someone says something negative to or about a poster and then it becomes a fanbase.

I joined this forum because initially my impression were these are people who can
A) understand my frustrations with this device
B)help me uncover new discoveries about this device

now i come here mainly to see if there is new info for my phone. I used to come to try and have convos with people.

I really don't feel welcomed here due to perceptions & my age
not that I care because it's the internet and not the real world
so on the computer some ppl play "big" though they are small...

I just see post like this, post directed towards me and others
and think of all the ppl who don't post but browse who are put off
by the atmosphere here....

Sorry I had to rant....So many ppl voice their opinions so i voiced mine.

PS WHY DOES IT MATTER IF THIS GETS DELETED OR NOT?
DOES THE ONE POST TAKE A WAY FROM THE SPACE FOR ANOTHER POST
BEING MADE IN THE FUTURE?

IDK....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones