• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Worth Ave Group Insurance

r6542

Lurker
Jun 11, 2011
I have the original Droid and a few days ago I bought a one year insurance policy for the phone through the Worth Ave Group. I bought insurance for two reasons, 1) I don't trust myself to keep the phone working though the end of the year, 2) I just started a new job where I work by pools all day long and am required to have my phone with me for communication reasons. Because of reason no. 2 I figure that there is a greater chance of my phone meeting the bottom of a pool and thus suffering water damage. If for some reason something were to happen to my phone such as falling in a pool and my phone gets destroyed would it be likely that the Worth Ave Group deny my claim since the damage happened so close to the date of purchase? There's no waiting period listed in the terms of service, but I am afraid that it would look somewhat suspicious if I filed a claim so close to the date of purchase.

Also does anybody have experience with this company? I was considering purchasing a Square Trade insurance plan but decided to go with the Worth Ave Group since they offer a one year plan where Square Trade only offers two year plans. Thanks!

If for some reason something were to happen to my phone such as falling in a pool and my phone gets destroyed would it be likely that the Worth Ave Group deny my claim since the damage happened so close to the date of purchase?

That's not a question we can answer here. Only that insurance company can answer that.

but I am afraid that it would look somewhat suspicious if I filed a claim so close to the date of purchase.

It definitely would look fishy if you filed a claim within the first 30 days or so.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones