1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Worth dumping iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by itsdavetime, Feb 10, 2011.

1. itsdavetime

itsdavetime Lurker

Is the hTC Inspire 4G worth dumping my iPhone 4? I like Android 2.2, but haven't really used it much to decide whether it's any better than iOS4?

2. It all depends on what you want from an OS ..if you like the simplicity of iOS and don't want to customize to much than no if you want total freedom and Customization than yes

3. Aatos.1

Aatos.1 Android Enthusiast

I work in a multi-platform environment. Therefore I use Windows, Linux, Unix & OS X on the desktop. Android, iOS, Symbian, & OpenMoko in the mobile OS space.

For outright simplicity, especially if you use a Mac computer, an iPhone is a decent (notice I didn't say fantastic) choice. If you are already in possession of an iTunes library of music that's another plus. If however you are pairing a PC & iPhone, not so much as iTunes for windows is marginal at best.

If you not hooked into the Apple Eco system yet, and enjoy learning something new, Androids for you.

Me? Hands down Android!

As I mentioned earlier I use them all, yet Android excites me, the others do not.

Cheers... :)

4. Donatron

Donatron Well-Known Member

Only you can answer that question. We can give you the pros and cons of both platforms, but the question can really only be answered by you trying both phones.

My advice is to purchase the Inspire at either Best Buy or Radio Shack, but hold onto your iPhone. Give it 30 days to decide which phone you like best. If you like the Inspire, sell your iPhone on craigslist. If you the iPhone, return the Inspire for a full refund with no restocking fee.

JSchu22 likes this.
  5. thoffland

thoffland Well-Known Member

My iphone 4 will be buying an inspire for me, and possibly dinner too.

6. Ahahhaha nice

7. bllester

bllester Newbie

I'll be honest, I've had almost every single PDA from at&t including the iphone 3g, 3gs and 4, blackberry curve, torch and older versions. I'm now using a captivate and I would never go back to either the iphone or the blackberry.

Is the android system perfect? Absolutely not. But the blackberry's app store and functionality suck! It's a great phone for reliability, but it's not fun to use.

The iphone is fun to use and you can do a lot with it, but only what apple will allow. When I had my iPhone I felt like apple put me in a box and said "have fun, but only as much fun as we will let you have."

With my droid I feel like I can do whatever I want. There are so many apps, sideloading options, widgets, live wallpapers and numerous other things that I have so much fun with my phone. I feel like I got a new phone when I make it look different, launch an application differently, add a new widget or change the theme.

Just my two cents.

8. Soundchasr

Soundchasr Member

The iPhone was basically useless for me. I need to use it while I'm in court for transferring files, creating a hotspot, editing documents, etc. With the iPhone everything was a pain in the butt.

That's why I sold my iPad and I'm using a Galaxy Tab now. Love that thing.

9. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Android Enthusiast

"is this worth dumping the iphone 4"

i dont know is it?

If i was you, I'd try it in the store first,
    then if you like it try it for 30 days

there are some draw backs,
    but of course you are gaining so much more

10. g_patrick15

g_patrick15 Android Enthusiast

Since I'm so familiar with Android and so hooked into google, it was a no brainer to me: dumped the 4 and getting the Inspire.

11. Chapp1e

Chapp1e Android Enthusiast

As long as you are willing to take a slight hit battery wise, yes.

12. Allenfx

Allenfx Android Enthusiast

I agree...the main two issues with the inspire are a slightly weaker batter (that is replaceable :) ) and possibly a slightly slower data transfer upstream.....

As i only have a few itunes purchases and less than $10-$15 worth of apps...im going to Inspire/Droid and wont be looking back.

It all started with flash (because i like watching news clips on my phone, directly from the news stations web sites..NOT YOUTUBE.).....but i now have SO MANY MORE reasons that have been added to the list.

13. Aatos.1

Aatos.1 Android Enthusiast

Ten points for the humor... :)

(it's true, I know) AND in my opinion you end up with a much better, more enjoyable phone.