• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Worth Upgrading

Yesevil

Android Enthusiast
Dec 20, 2012
Preston, Lancs, UK
Hi all,

Just wondered what people's opinions are on upgrading from the Xperia Z3 compact to the Z5 Compact.

I generally keep my phones for 12 months then upgrade to get a decent resell value.

I love the Z3c and don't really want to go any bigger. Looking at the reviews the Z5c comes out as better value than the full size Z5, with almost identical hardware.

Any thoughts?

I never owned one of the above, and have never used "your upgrade policy"..... I keep my phones until they break, or become so obsolete that I can't stand not having the latest toy...

"Decent Resale Value" to me, is a game that the Car Salesmen uses to try and get you to build up his retirement plan.

Resale value to me means that a newer phone costs me less, as I always buy a new phone on a card then when I've sold on my old one it goes straight to paying off the new one

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones