• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would any of you trade your phone for the HTC Incredible HD (Evo 4g) right now?

I think it's a matter of opinion. it also depends on how you want to use the phone, and what things are important to you. if that phone gets made, it will be pretty cool. it looks just like the Desire HD with a FF camera.
while the source of the leaks are definitely reputable (and usually right), i usually hear of (and see) most phones before they even leak, and i've heard nothing about this incredible HD. it's weird all the buzz is around this IncHD, but nobody is talking about the merge (which i've seen, and KNOW is coming within the next month, maybe even 2 weeks.... :p) that incHD looks a lot like the merge, but without the keyboard. plus, i think that rumored incHD has more RAM than the merge. i think the merge has 512

Upvote 0
I would only because I always like new technology, and Im kinda getting sick of the X. The newness has worn off and all these talks about new hardware and software on the horizon make me want to jump on board. I will be very pissed if the X dont get anymore big software updates because it doesnt have a few pixel better resolution.

Upvote 0
I love my X, and motorola makes great hardware, not so sure about the HTC's. The X has 8 GB built in with a free 16 GB sd card, from what i've seen the Inc. HD has only 1.5 GB built in and most phones come with an 8 GB sd card (maybe a 16 or 32 GB card?) plus the snapdragon processor has been said to be a bit slower than the OMAP but thats debatable

Upvote 0
If LTE wont be a factor for you right now...its hard to say.

Minus some deal breakers, the Fascinate is considered a phone worth trading for too.

For it being one of the latest, I can see some ppl switching or trading their X for it. For ppl into custom ROMs it could be a plus if it isnt too locked down like the X.

If it doesnt have any major deal breakers it should be a nice phone. Newer Snapdragon is enough reason alone to get it.

Would I trade for it? I'm a simple guy. I only need/want good, better reception. If it has that, I might get it if I wasnt in an LTE spot. Since I'm in an LTE area, an LTE, dual core phone will be what I will give up the X for. And thats a maybe if it doesnt have the same better reception..

Upvote 0
Really?Bad battery life must be considered.
smile.gif

Upvote 0
i think this phones still gonna feature the 1GHz Snapdragon processor and in terms of being a powerhouse, the Droid X still wins. plus there's really no reason to switch if it doesn't have LTE capability. it's the same phone with HTC branding and their Sense UI. Being a paying user of Launcher Pro it wouldn't make much difference.

Upvote 0
All of the HTC phones recently have had lousy battery life and my observations from the myriad of coworkers who have a variety of phones is that the radios on the Motorola phones stomp all over the radios on the HTC phones. If two people stand next to each other, the Motorola phone typically has a much stronger signal (judging by dbm, not by bars).

It's too bad because Sense is a much better overlay than Blur is, and the phones feel pretty snappy - but battery life is just about my single biggest consideration for ANY portable device (my laptop is a Lenovo w/ an 8-cell battery and gets about 7 hours of battery life), and I primarily use my phone to access the web so signal is important too.

Also, I like the form factor of the Droid X better than the Evo. The wider, thicker form factor doesn't do it for me.

Upvote 0
I actullay like the wider form factor of the Evo. But I totally agree having owned HTC before and Motorola now, HTC is way behind in signal strength and battery performance. I'm not eligible for upgrade again untill next May. I've had my ear to the ground and nothing I've heard about makes me wish I had waited to get my X. The fascinate did at first, but after researching it I'm very very happy with my choice

Upvote 0
From a hardware standpoint I prefer the X. The X has very good battery life, very good reception, good noise cancellation/mic quality, good call quality, lots of storage included out of the box, and very solid build quality. No GPS issues like the Galaxy S series. About the only hardware issue I'm aware of is that wifi connections on an n network aren't stable (workaround is to switch to G).

From a software standpoint, HTC's sense UI is better then Motorola's blur but you can load various apps on the phone to replicate most of what sense gives you.

The battery life and the performance of the phone (reception and call quality) were the two most important factors for me.

Upvote 0
Nah. LTE isn't widely available, so I don't see why I would need a LTE capable phone right now. It doesn't make sense. By the time LTE IS widely available, the phone technology will be even more improved. I don't see any huge improvements in cell phone technology coming out this year to make me want to switch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones