1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Would Bolt Browser w/Flash work on the Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kbayer, Jan 14, 2010.

1. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    I use this browser on my NokiaN95. It's ridiculously fast and it pretty much does everything, even Flash... I've posted a link to their platform requirements page which is way over my newbie head -- so if you are a bit technically minded, can you tell me if this would work on the Droid?

Also, if I would have just downloaded it to try it and it would it have NOT worked, could I have screwed something up by doing so? (I didn't try yet, thought I'd check first.)

Bolt Browser - FAQ

Advertisement

2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Director of IT
    Cleveland, OH
    In their FAQ, there's no mention of Android support, so good luck.

As for it supporting Flash ... that's wonderful ... but so does our current Browser. Until Adobe releases Flash 10.1, "Flash-support" means nothing to us.

3. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    Thanks for checking! The Nokia didn't support flash either, but the Bolt Browser, for lack of better understanding, streams the internet to the phone, so Flash, Mpeg, WMV, everything works on my Nokia when I use the Flash browser. Kinda like "Go To My PC".
    Support or no support, the screen displays whatever the website is offering. Thought it would be cool until our our "official" Flash arrives.