• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would like LED light to come on with Tango notification

wendybill

Lurker
Jan 9, 2013
I am new to Tasker and was wondering if anyone could help me set up the LED light to blink on my Samsung G3 when I receive a Tango text message. Currently the phone makes a chirp and gives me a written notification on my notification screen but I would notice the LCD light much more.

Thanks in advance.

Wendy

I have a profile with Event-> UI ->Notification ->Notify LED. When I press the play button at the bottom right to test it--it immedicately sends me a notification and the LED light comes on just the way I want it to. The issue is---it does not happen when I get an actual Tango notification. This is likely the part I need to tighten up. How do I link up the UI Event notification with the actual Tango app notification. I have selected Tango as the app but beyond that I am not sure what to do.

Upvote 0
Glad you figured out what I was trying to convey!

When you created the notification context, did you specify Tango under "Owner Application?"

For example, I created one with gmail set as owner:

snapshot.jpg

I tried this with a Notify LED task, and it did work for me, but I think it failed to work the first time I tried it. Also, I can tell you that I tried the Notification Click functionality a few weeks ago. It sure seemed like I was doing everything correctly, but I never did get to work. So maybe Tasker's notification functionality isn't 100% robust on all devices ... I don't know. (I'm using an HTC EVO 4G, BTW.)

Are you absolutely certain that the event never fires? Is it possible that it's firing, but it is the task that's failing? You could verify that with a debug line of some sort as the first element of your task, maybe Misc->Say to output an audible verification, or Alert->Flash, for a visual verification.

If you have configured a context owner app, as well as some kind of task debug output, and it still isn't working, maybe you could try a different owner app, (e.g. gmail, or messaging) just to see if the problem is unique to Tango for some reason.

Good luck, I'm curious to hear how it goes.

Upvote 0
I finally got it to work yesterday!!!!! I have no idea why except that I toggled Tasker on and off in Android Accessibility settings (had already turned it on a few days ago). I may have restarted the phone afterward--maybe that did it. It is so exciting though! I feel fortunate to have found this group!!! Thanks for all your help everyone!

Upvote 0
Very cool that you got it working!

While doing the notification stuff, did you happen to try messing around with the notification clicked context event (Context->Event->UI->Notification Click)? I absolutely could not get it to work on my HTC Evo 4G (rooted, Evervolv JB ROM & kernel). I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten it to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones