1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Would like to buy a use Droid X (Verizion)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rlupda, May 18, 2011.

1. rlupda

rlupda Lurker
    None

May 18, 2011
    Looking to buy a used Droid X with decent condition around appearance, clean ESN. If interested, please send pictures, descriptions (scratches, scuffs, dents, crack), and ESN (for verification) and price + shipping. Thanks! :D

Advertisement

2. WA_Bob

WA_Bob Android Expert
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    Male
    Forester
    West edge of the East Texas Piney Woods
    Have you tried the "Classifieds" section of Android Forums yet? Also, eBay has lots.

3. twistedlim

twistedlim Android Expert
    None

Jun 9, 2010
    Michigan
    If the X2 comes out in the next day or two before I head out of town for a week I will let you know. My X will be on the block :)

4. fonefreak

fonefreak Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 25, 2010
    North of the ecliptic
    Call VZW customer service and ask about the certified pre-owned program. All phones are inspected and worn parts replaced - no chips, dents, or scratches. Or go local and do craigslist. I have never trusted anyone on ebay, but that's just my opinion.

5. twcowdery

twcowdery Well-Known Member
    None

May 18, 2011
    The poster might want a used one so he can use it with a different carrier. I'm told that both Page Plus and Metro PCS can activate phones made for Verizon because they are virtual networks that buy minutes & data on the Verizon network and repackage it.

6. Doit2it

Doit2it Android Expert
    None

Oct 23, 2009
    Male
    FedEx... yea, those guys
    Nashville, TN
    Or he just doesn't want to extent his Verizon contract. And now that Verizon doesn't allow 1 year contracts anymore, I may be buying used in the future.

I did buy a Droid Eris used in Jan 2010. I had been out of contract for about 2 years. Six month later I got my Droid X with a 1 year contract. And just a few days ago I became eligible for upgrade! No discount, but I'm free to buy new under contract, or stay off contract with my X or any used phone I find.

To the OP: I wouldn't use eBay unless the seller has a HIGH rating and sells lots of cell phones. I bought and sold my Eris on Craigslist. Both times I met the buyer/seller at a Verizon corporate store to make sure the phone was transferred to the new account before money was exchanged.

If you do meet somewhere other than a Verizon store, take the battery cover off and confirm the ESN is the same one they had given you over the phone/email/forum (you can't do this with eBay).