• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Would like to use 4G with my Sprint hotspot

nuudle

Jan 4, 2012
Cali
I have a rooted Evo 4g with mikg. The mikg has the hacked hotspot but its super slow 3g. Being a noob I figured I should ask you guys before diving in. I saw 2 tutorials, one for wireless 4g and the other for hotspot 4g, whats the difference? If someone could pont me in the right direction i would sure appreciate it. Thanks!

I have a rooted Evo 4g with mikg. The mikg has the hacked hotspot but its super slow 3g. Being a noob I figured I should ask you guys before diving in. I saw 2 tutorials, one for wireless 4g and the other for hotspot 4g, whats the difference? If someone could pont me in the right direction i would sure appreciate it. Thanks!

AF has a new policy on tethering please read this thread:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/480569-psa-about-tethering.html.

but all i will say is that the hotspot will only work on 3g.

Upvote 0
You can not ask any questions about Tethering on this forum, but you can on others.
Hot SPOT equals 3G only. XDA can help

this is not entirely true. If you have a data account that supports legitimate tethering then we are allowed to help you. However we cannot help you with illegitimate tethering. My recommendation is to ask sprint why you are not able to access your legal tethering on a 4g network.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
this is not entirely true. If you have a data account that supports legitimate tethering then we are allowed to help you. However we cannot help you with illegitimate tethering. My recommendation is to ask sprint why you are not able to access your legal tethering on a 4g network.

actually if you have the legit sprint hotspot it will work with 4g. it is the hacked version that you cannot use 4g with.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones