1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Would love to get some help

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by birkhoff, Jan 6, 2012.

1. birkhoff

birkhoff Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    Hy everybody, I am new to the android OS. Got an Alcatel OT908 from my uncle so I started tinkering with it. I wanted to unlock all of it and I couldn't find a better solution than rolling a brand new ROM. The thing is that this Alcatel is new and I can't find ROM's for it or other miscellaneous files. Didn't brick it yet but it is almost bricked. When I turn it on I get the first splash image and that's it. The fastboot recognizes it, barely, if I hold the vol-down key and then connect it. It recognizes it as "fastboot ?" (output from fastboot devices).

I deleted custpack and that's why. I am trying stuff, but I can't even make a recovery cause I am missing android-info.txt and android-product.txt, that fastboot demands for a recovery.

I found some backups from other Alcatel's ot908 on the web.

It would be great if you could help me with those .txt files cause I don't even know what format they should have.

And any other references for this new phone would be great. It is network locked, rooted by me. ADB doesn't recognize it. PdaNet does.

Thanks, Birk'

Advertisement

2. Gmash

Gmash Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    neither Here nor There
    Hi, just wanted to welcome you to the forums, sorry to hear you are having problems. The forum fire you're phone is here:

Alcatel OT-980 - Android Forums

Hope you can find more help there. Best of luck!