• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would my school email work with the Android Gmail client?

S

SoFLO

I know Android uses two email clients but I assume the Gmail client has the best integration and functionality (please correct me if I'm wrong). My school uses an email system that's based off of Gmail with my address being example@fiu.edu. The calendar is also the same. Here's a link of what the log-in looks like:

https://www.google.com/a/fiu.edu/Se...ygjntrz&ss=1&ltmpl=default&ltmplcache=2&hl=en

Would this work seamlessly with the stock Android Gmail client?

I'm also a student @ FIU and I wasn't able to configure it to the gmail client, but with the other mail client it works flawlessly. If you find out a way to use it, post it up here, I would like to know how it was done.

Upvote 0
I'm also a student @ FIU and I wasn't able to configure it to the gmail client, but with the other mail client it works flawlessly. If you find out a way to use it, post it up here, I would like to know how it was done.
It may be a while before I get back to you on that seeing as I won't get my phone until spring 2010 so I hope you find out sometime before then...if not I'll let you know :p

Upvote 0
I'd rather keep my school account and personal account separate so that would be my last option.

Well I recently set up my school email to MS Outlook using the IMAP setting and the regular Gmail server and it worked perfectly fine with a few tweaks so I'm assuming if I get an Android phone I shouldn't have problems...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones