1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General would other HTC batteries fit the desire HD?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NuShooz, May 31, 2011.

1. NuShooz

NuShooz Lurker
    None

May 31, 2011
    Firstly, may i say hi to everyone as a newbie to the forum.

i've recently (in the last month) upgraded to a desire HD as my very first smart phone and have been blown away by it, but the battery life is shocking.

rather than strip the phone of lots of functions to conserve battery life, i personally would like to keep a lot of them and enjoy the phone as it is which is what first attracted me to get it.

i noticed the desire s has a 1400 mAh battery and the sensation has a 1500 mAh, which got me thinking, are those batterys compatible in any way? it was a long shot so i phoned HTC - their official response was 'they had not tested them personally so could not reccomend it as it may damage the phone' but surely if the batterys are the same dimensions and just larger capacity i can't personally see a problem myself. please correct me if i am wrong.

i have since had a nightmare trying to get many a phone shop to see if any of those batterys are compatible, they just don't want to know.

has anyone got any ideas if any of these theories will work. i'll gladly shell out

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Welcome :)

To my knowledge, other HTC batteries will not work with the DHD and all the experiences I've had with higher capacity batteries are negative, they generally give no more, or no less than the battery HTC provided with the phone. Every time I've bought an alternative battery, I've just gone back to the original.

A few have tried this battery and believe it to offer an improvement, but I can't say it worked for me at all. I did leave a fairly unbiased review on the obostore site which they've yet to publish (I left it on the 17/05) so I wouldn't recommend. However, others have noticed a difference and at

3. NuShooz

NuShooz Lurker
    None

May 31, 2011
    i'm getting around 14 hours with moderate usage.

thanks for the link, for

4. El Presidente

VIP Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Not sure, mugen are normally pretty good though. However, based on what it says on on the link and your usage, you'd be paying $44/

5. NuShooz

NuShooz Lurker
    None

May 31, 2011
    its set to auto brightness.

6. El Presidente

VIP Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Fair enough, that's what a lot of folk use. Others have had it as low as 20%, mine is currently set at 51% constantly.

Do you have the gingerbread update?

7. Spaceprobe

Spaceprobe Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 1, 2011
    Male
    Retired Nurse
    Brighton. UK
    The thing that made the biggest improvement for me was to remove the news feed widget (which stopped working anyway). I use Pulse for my news reader which is brilliant, set to update when I open it. I average about 17 hours.