1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Would someone do me a favor and take a cap of TouchWiz's Widgets?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ni Dieu Ni Maitre, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Ni Dieu Ni Maitre

Ni Dieu Ni Maitre Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 31, 2010
    Student; Arby's Wage Slave
    Pennsylvania
    I was going to get a Thunderbolt, but after some research, I'm leaning toward the Charge. One thing I can't find much valuable information on, however, is TouchWiz. Apparently it comes with some widgets of its own, but I'm having a hard time finding anything on them. Can someone maybe show me what they look like in action? Specifically, I'm curious about any email, social network, "speed-dial"/favorites, and calendar widgets. Any others would be nice to see too, if at all possible.

The Sense UI is basically the only thing making me hesitant to get a Charge instead of a Thunderbolt. Suitable replacements would make my decision much easier.

Or if it turns out that I'm just completely incompetent, you could always direct me to a web page that has this info on it :)

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Android Expert
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    San Diego
    I'm using GoLauncher EX right now and I'm too lazy to revert back to TouchWiz to take screen caps, otherwise I would, lol. :D

But I will if nobody else can help you out.

But my point is, you should just use a different launcher like Launcher Pro or GoLauncher EX. They are better than TouchWiz and Sense UI in my opinion.

Either way, stay away from the Thunderbolt bro. If I can give any advice, that is it.

I had the TB for over two and a half months and I just couldn't handle it anymore. The battery is as bad as people say and then some. I got the Charge over this past weekend and I love it!! I would say go with the Charge man!

3. Ni Dieu Ni Maitre

Ni Dieu Ni Maitre Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 31, 2010
    Student; Arby's Wage Slave
    Pennsylvania
    I currently have a Droid X. For a while I was using Launcher Pro (paid), but it didn't run as smoothly as the stock launcher, so I opted to get rid of it. I'll check out GoLauncher EX on my DX. Thanks :)

Doesn't the Charge have a built-in screen cap function? Surely someone will post a couple screens of widgets for me ;)

4. addictedtocars

addictedtocars Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 14, 2011
    When I first started looking at smartphones I got hung up in the UI debate. The only It really came down to Apple (very locked down) or Android. When you go Android people get all hung up on the UI the phone maker puts on, but with Android you need to realize that unless you are partial to a give UI you can add in third party launchers. TouchWiz is very IOS like, the look and feel clearly shows they were trying to woo Apple users to Android and make them feel at home. I played with TW for 5 min and then tried Launcher Pro and loved it. After a week with Launcher Pro I kept reading abou Go Launcher and loaded that and loved that more. Makes the phone very responsive and also has great levels of customization. There are themes you can download to give it a diffently look and feel as well as widgets. I must say iOS is good at what it does, but is for people that like a stock expierience, but Android with all the launchers, themes and widgets offers endless possibilities to customize your device to be "your" device!

5. rdalev

rdalev Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    AMT
    Fayette, Ga.
    Err..............go to the very first topic of this forum. The one that says, " Share Your Homescreens/Screencaps! ".

It's stickied !