• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would trading DX for D2 be silly?

Pucuck

Jun 29, 2010
Ohio
I came across an ad on Craigslist for someone wanting to trade a Droid 2 and a 250GB Xbox 360 HDD for just a Droid X. I so happen to be in the market for a new HDD for my 360 but I'm not sure I want to give up my Droid X. The deal sounds almost too good to be true in a way, but part of me thinks it might be worth checking in to.

I know the phones are pretty much identical and all that I would be really losing is SD Card size, screen size and camera resolution (unless I'm mistaken and theres more).

Any thoughts on this?

(Hopefully this is the right thread to ask in)

I guess I always want second opinions from people. Guess I'll text the guy and see what comes of it.

I did view the specs prior to posting and didn't really notice a difference other than the things I mentioned above. I looked again and saw that the Droid 2 has 512 MB RAM and the Droid X has 256 and thats the only hardware aspect that seems to make a difference between the two (if much?)

Upvote 0
I have an original Droid, and I would miss the X if I had to go to a similar form factor (D2) because I never used the physical keyboard on the Droid.

Yeah, I wonder if I'd miss the larger screen or not. Physical keyboards are nice, but I haven't really messed with a Droid 2 very much. Guess I'll just check one out before committing to a trade.

Upvote 0
I came across an ad on Craigslist for someone wanting to trade a Droid 2 and a 250GB Xbox 360 HDD for just a Droid X. I so happen to be in the market for a new HDD for my 360 but I'm not sure I want to give up my Droid X. The deal sounds almost too good to be true in a way, but part of me thinks it might be worth checking in to.

I know the phones are pretty much identical and all that I would be really losing is SD Card size, screen size and camera resolution (unless I'm mistaken and theres more).

Any thoughts on this?

(Hopefully this is the right thread to ask in)
I'd get the ESN from the guy first to make sure it's clean

Upvote 0
The DX has 512MB of RAM too. Just wanted to put that out there, in case anyone was reading this thread and thought otherwise.

I'll let this thread die after I post this: http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/internal-droid-family-comparison.png This was where I saw the thing about the 256MB of RAM. I always thought it had 512 myself, but when I searched for a comparison this is one of the charts I found and I began to wonder. Then again, I should have googled further to make sure it was accurate. Sorry about that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones