• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would Vista help me??

I really don't think that an OS upgrade will make it easier to manipulate the files on your phone.

Supposedly the newer OS will interact with the phone, whereas Samsung apparently never intended for the S3 and XP to get along. But I am open to any other suggestions you have!

Oh - the only files I'm concerned with "manipulating" would be photos, videos, Office files, PDFs, and such that I might generate on the phone or download to the phone from the internet, Dropbox, et .

Ed

Upvote 0
Just hearing the phrase 'Would Vista help me' makes me laugh.

With 1GB RAM, I had XP SP3, tried and returned a new tower with Win8, accidentally destroyed my XP and replaced that with Win7. 1GB is pushing the limits, but after some finessing, I have it, Firefox, Total Commander, a poker app and some small stuff running all the time, with over 400MB free... good enough to wait for Win9 er sumthin.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones