• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would you buy a Droid Eris tomorrow?

I wouldnt buy an Eris.
I had one, and loved it, and Verizon actually gave me a new Inc in replacement.

but personally if I had to make a move, I would talk verizon into cancelling out your contract and getting the droid 2. or at least thats how it worked for me

not to knock the eris, it is a great built phone, the hardware is just outdated. esp. with android 4.0 in the works like whaat

I appreciate the advice but I actually love my Eris. Also, the title I gave to this thread was misleading, I didn't, nor would I, buy a new Eris outright. Long story short, I was given an Eris for free and decided to use that in place of the BlackBerry Curve which was still under contract through Verizon until the middle of December. I'm more than happy to use the Eris until December, or maybe longer, when I can get a new Droid that is top dog.

Upvote 0
I would talk verizon into cancelling out your contract and getting the droid 2.

I mentioned the X, but completely forgot about the 2.. if that were in a store, along with the X and Eris, I don't see myself going to the Eris.. that screen and processor on those other two would likely have me dismissing the Eris and deciding 'tween those other two.

Having said that, this is all a sort of fantasy along similar lines as whether or not I'd still have purchased that '57 DeSoto as my first car if I had access to a Talon or Viper instead back then. Of course not, the Talon and Viper would push the DeSoto out of consideration; but they weren't there and the DeSoto was, just like the Eris was there in the store and the X and 2 were not. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones