1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Would you buy a Sony phone again?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Aqus, Sep 26, 2010.

?

Would you Buy a Sony phone again?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    50.7%
  2. No

33 vote(s)
    49.3%
  1. CuBz

CuBz Android Expert
    None

Sep 21, 2010
    Website Programmer
    UK
    This is something that really annoys me too

Advertisement

2. Wisenos

Wisenos Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 13, 2010
    you wouldn't understand lol
    just don't need to be in hurry, but i would def buy another sony ericsson cellphone later
    yes the x10 is outdated, no 16m, no MT, no flash support... but.. build quality is there
    camera quality (even if pples used to call s**t about it) is there..., needs a better flash (yep indeed) but still the phone works perfectly, and i don't have the low call volume problem on mine

3. Gurba

Gurba Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    Male
    Norway
    I would buy another SE phone but not based on what SE claims will be available in an update soon.

4. peetypies

peetypies Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2010
    Technical Support Officer
    East Midlands, UK
    Sorry folks, I voted no.
    Don't get me wrong, I do like the X10 - It does everything I want from a phone apart from being usable as a phone (Call volume on mine is stupidly low and people complain they can't hear me)
    I looked at various phones before settling on the X10 - It's a great design and has fantastic build quality. Unfortunately, it's let down by P*ss poor customer support and development just like previous SE phones.
    Until the update I'll have to use it as an Internet and Email device and run another phone for phone calls, lol.

5. biffsmash

biffsmash Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 1, 2010
    Hey guys and gals,

I voted No. Been let down with my last 4 SE phones, Satio, C905, W995 and Xperia X10, all of which had faults galore. I loved SE and think their phones look great, but they are seriously lacking in the quality control department.

Biff.

6. dibberly

dibberly Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    dont think i would to be honest...not because of all the hassle is going on with the updates etc

SE used to be the world leader in phones but they have lost the plot recently in my eyes...just like nokia did a few years ago when they released some dam ugly phones (7280, 7500 and another i cant find)

My last 2 phones (C905 and X10) even though i like them they have had nothing but problems so i think its time to look at other manufactures

7. darthlinux

darthlinux Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 24, 2010
    Male
    Virgin Media Operations Agent
    West Midlands
    If the other SE product I buy is something I see myself wanting/needing then I would, little bummed about the update, but hey first time I have used Android.

8. uchi

uchi Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    sony can suck a chocolate covered fart out of my ass and i wont buy another of their phones. after the 850i i had i swore id never buy sony again, and then reviews made it sound great, the camera made it sound better, and once again i got burned. sony can go under for all i care. their products are crap and over priced. the only thing they make worth buying is the ps3, oh wait, min constantly un syncs the controllers. so no, they ****ed up that too.

9. Zlanu

Zlanu Member
    None

Jul 14, 2010
    Hmm, I'd probably get one again. I had a K810i and that has served me well. The 4 days that I had the Xperia X10, everything worked fine except the WiFi and Bluetooth but yeah. Quite liked it when I had it. Should be getting it back in a few weeks...so we'll see then.

10. AlbertFDiller

AlbertFDiller Lurker
    None

Oct 1, 2010
    I had the c905 and I'm upgrading to Xperia, I'm definitely sticking to SE on all of my rogers mobile phone this is because I simply trust Sony for reliability and durability compared with any other products. Hey if it's electronics, I prefer made in Japan.

11. northeastcorner

None

Oct 1, 2010
    UK
    I voted yes.

I got my X10 on 1st April, guys that share my office got their Desires a week or so later. Even now, with half a dozen Desires in the office, one rooted, different carriers, different software versions, mine is still the better device for me. Camera, media device, telephone can't fault it.

The only device I've seen since that I think has pushed it close for me is the HTC Wildfire, not because it's better (hardware specs etc, it's not) but a wildfire for

12. uchi

uchi Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 14, 2010

sony is over priced on their electronics, and they do make some good things, but a phone isnt one of them.

13. xobrittuhox

xobrittuhox Newbie
    None

Sep 30, 2010
    Falls Church, Va
    This is my 4th Sony Ericsson phone. I started way back with the Z-something...and back then everyone raved about how I "have a flip phone". Lol. Sony Ericsson has its issued, but what phone doesn't?! The only phone that I would switch from a SE for may be HTC, but clearly, SE still has me in its grasp. Lol