• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would you buy this now?

I'm not having problems with my TF101. But if I were shopping right now, the TF300 is the one I'd go for. Reasonable price, better specs.

Yep, this is what I'd recommend. I've never used the OG, but my Prime is great on ICS (actually upgraded it to ICS first time I turned it on!). Only downside to the 300 is slightly less quality screen, but for the price, it's the tablet to have.

Upvote 0
I'm happy with mine, even with random reboots. I don't think there's been a reboot that's caused me problems. Usually, I just notice that it's rebooted/rebooting, and hasn't drained the battery. So, to me it's a minor inconvenience.

Depending on the price, I'd buy it again. Now I'd weigh it against the current model and may spend a little more on the newest model.

Upvote 0
After the 2nd to last update I have had no real issues with mine so I would definitely repurchase if this was the top of the line for Asus. What I mean by that is I love this and have zero plans to replace it at all. It has worked wonderfully for me and not running into the random reboots or screens anymore.

ICS is so smooth compared to honeycomb that I prefer using this over my work laptop (Alienware beast of a machine) for most things non work related. Other than not being able to use Dreamweaver and Photoshop on this, I actually do minor tweaks on this machine too which I couldn't on Honeycomb.

So I am happy and would buy again if this is the best they had. I always try to buy the best available so I would be looking for the next model up now personally but if I had a budget I would be thrilled with this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones