• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would you buy your child a Metro PCS Android?

You can install parental control software like mobistealth on the phone to monitor everything they are doing and have a complete history of the websites they pull up, text messages,phone calls.

Also by them having an android phone with parental control software installed, you can always go online and get their exact GPS location at any time.

If they say they are going someplace, you can always check to make sure they are where they are supposed to be.

Upvote 0
Here in Atlanta Metro PCS phone are popular due to the low cost monthly plans. Parents are hesitant to give their kids free internet and text. Would you purchase the phone with your child if the child agreed to download monitoring and safety software?
Even though I'm only 26, I was raised by an old fashioned parent. I suppose I just think sometimes that it's better to keep your kids "Unplugged". I just think sometimes it's not a good idea when a kid is always "Glued" to their device. Much more going on in the world than Twitter, Youtube, Facebook etc... I'd say at age 16-17 is where I'd probably start buying them gadgets.

Upvote 0
Here in Atlanta Metro PCS phone are popular due to the low cost monthly plans. Parents are hesitant to give their kids free internet and text. Would you purchase the phone with your child if the child agreed to download monitoring and safety software?

Also you never said an age, I dont think kids under 10 or 13 should have a cellphone.

Upvote 0
it really depend on the kid. I gave my 14 year old sister an android phone. My mom was thankful so as my sister. I know that my sister is not a spoiled kid and she mostly has all A's. I mean, if she wants to access some crap online she can do it on the pc anyway.

Also I dont have to control the data and sms with metro so I think its a great thing for her.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones