1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Would you buy your child a Metro PCS Android?

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by Bullyapps, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Bullyapps

Bullyapps Newbie

Here in Atlanta Metro PCS phone are popular due to the low cost monthly plans. Parents are hesitant to give their kids free internet and text. Would you purchase the phone with your child if the child agreed to download monitoring and safety software?

Advertisement

2. BabySwaggles

BabySwaggles Lurker

I'm a teenager and I have free internet and text, without monitoring software. I only have Lookout.

3. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Thread moved to the appropriate forum for Metro PCS discussions.

4. You can install parental control software like mobistealth on the phone to monitor everything they are doing and have a complete history of the websites they pull up, text messages,phone calls.

Also by them having an android phone with parental control software installed, you can always go online and get their exact GPS location at any time.

If they say they are going someplace, you can always check to make sure they are where they are supposed to be.

5. ccnemrod

ccnemrod Member

i bought the new galaxy indulge for me and gave my son the samsung code...... lol i know i'm cheap but he loves it and he has tons of games on it

6. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome

Even though I'm only 26, I was raised by an old fashioned parent. I suppose I just think sometimes that it's better to keep your kids "Unplugged". I just think sometimes it's not a good idea when a kid is always "Glued" to their device. Much more going on in the world than Twitter, Youtube, Facebook etc... I'd say at age 16-17 is where I'd probably start buying them gadgets.

7. BK Slumlord

BK Slumlord Newbie

I don't see a problem giving the kid a phone from metro pcs since internet is extremely slow and video really only works on the smartphones.

8. Also you never said an age, I dont think kids under 10 or 13 should have a cellphone.

9. Bullyapps

Bullyapps Newbie

I was thinking about kids from the range of 12-17 year olds

10. sthomas

sthomas Newbie

My daughter has the freeform, I told her if she wants a smartphone she has to buy it herself. If she saved her money for it than yes I'd allow it.

11. chyzdad

chyzdad Newbie

I personally feel that a kid in the ages of of 12 - 16 should earn the right to have a phone...ESP a smart phone. A basic cellphone yes. Any age above that they need to pay for it themselves. It would be a very good way to teach them how to appreciate the things they have. Unless you are lucky enough to have a child that has those values already.

12. unnamedny

unnamedny Android Expert

it really depend on the kid. I gave my 14 year old sister an android phone. My mom was thankful so as my sister. I know that my sister is not a spoiled kid and she mostly has all A's. I mean, if she wants to access some crap online she can do it on the pc anyway.

Also I dont have to control the data and sms with metro so I think its a great thing for her.

13. yasin810

yasin810 Newbie

Im pretty sure she said she was thinking of buying a ANDROID!.....= Smartphone:)