• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

would you do this?

mikeydooodie

Android Enthusiast
Jun 19, 2010
bronx ny
now let me preface my story. After i got this email i walked over to the local vzw store to look at the phone. It was a premium retailer not a corporate store he didnt have one on display but he had a dummy i held it in hand it felt good, it looked good and i walked out. My phone goes off, 9550, grab it out of my pocket and bam it takes a dive to the concrete face down and i crack the screen lol. Like a sign from god this phone was killling itself knowing that I might be leaving it :eek:. But anyway here was the email I got from verizon about moving my upgrade date up and what they offered. Should I take it or try to fight for the upgrade price? I figured it out to be around 400$ I really dont want to pay that but if i have to pony up 100 to asurion for a new 9550 that I really dont want. My phone now works just a cracked screen i could use it no problem but the crack annoys me.

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is Shaqueda, and I am happy to assist you regarding your interest in obtaining the Droid X device at a discounted rate. I certainly understand your anticipation of receiving this device. I'll be happy top provide you with the offer of a receiving the devices at a discounted rate.

Your 20-month upgrade eligibility date for your lines of service is 07/22/2011. Your primary line of service ending in 7095 is eligible for an Annual upgrade as of 11/22/2010.Our Annual Upgrade Program, which is only available to existing customers. You are qualified to participate in this program because you meet the following requirements:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones