• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would you pay to waterproof your phone?

If it worked - so didn't cause overheating, warranty issues etc - I probably would.

Have to say, though that I would be kinda ticked off having to do it as its absolutely insane that devices specifically meant to be used outdoors aren't mandated to be water resistant to a couple of metres in the first place.

I can't understand how there hasn't been a class action in the US about this - the US is famously crazy litigious, how come they haven't sued about this?! :D

Upvote 0
I'm going to sue you for saying that about us!

:D

D'you know, I might just, possibly win that one :D

A long time ago I saw on a news show that a company called HzO was going to do this. On the show, it said that you could mail your phone to them and they would coat it in their stuff. When I checked their website; however, it was a different story. They were working with OEM's instead.

Yeah - I saw that! Got all excited .. then, like you, saw that was for application during manufacture :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones