• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would You Purchase An Android Phone Again?

Would You Purchase an Android phone again?? 3 day poll

• Yes

Votes: 166 99.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This poll is no better then the CNN poll.... As its being done at an android forum.. I am pretty sure the CNN poll is very misleading or skewed in favor of Apple... but this is going to be just as bad.

That being said I voted yes. I'll stick with android phones till another OS really steps up.

Good point. But, I would go Android again also.

Reactions: stainlessray
Upvote 0
I have owned the original Motorola Droid, sold it and bought the HTC Incredible Droid and sold it and now own the Droid X. So there's your answer. The Incredible is a fabulous phone. I switched to the X because I begin to think - hey I might want a tablet and yet I don't want a tablet. What is the solution? A Droid X. Which I just love.

AT&T coverage just sucks. I've owned an iphone 3g - it was great - but the coverage just stank. I don't have Froyo yet. Be interesting to see how much that "adds" to the android platform.

I had someone over yesterday who had the iphone 4. It was blazing fast in that iphone "zippy" way that the android platform somehow lacks. Just an observation. I hope Froyo gives us that zip.

Upvote 0
Personally I love the ability to customise Android to how I like it. I've looked at the iPhone and well what you see is what you have for the life of the phone. You can change the wallpaper but whoopiedoo. The so called new video call isn't new its been about for a decade almost on 3G phones. Iphone4 looks good but its old and tired UI put me off.

So a big thumbs up for Android, loving it.

Upvote 0
...I know it's un-scientific, but I'd like to get a good number of people to answer it honestly...
It's a bit like taking a poll outside McD's asking if people like beef.

Kinda meaningless.

Would I buy another Android phone? Maybe, but you've not given that a possible answer, so I have to answer, Yes; as I would... if it's cheaper than the last one, better than the last one, better than the competition at the time I'm buying.

Upvote 0
CNN must have asked a lot of cliq owners :D

Thats exactly what I said in that thread. You have no idea how controlled the poll was and you have no idea who was asked about whether or not they would return to android. Polls and statistics are just meant to get the authors point across.

Upvote 0
Just so everyone knows.. they are backpedaling on this poll now.
See Slashdot, the story is there.

So they thought to manipulate the response by asking if people would buy a "google branded" handset! Ha! Laughable.

Slashdot said:
"As we discussed recently, a CNN article had a statement that '77% of iPhone owners say they'll buy another iPhone, compared to 20% of Android customers who say they'll buy another Android phone.' This was a gross misrepresentation. The CNN story now has up this note: 'Correction: An earlier version of this story incorrectly said that 20% of Android customers say they'll buy another Android phone. The survey actually revealed that 20% of all smartphone customers say they'll buy an Android phone.' The Yankee Group has further sought to clarify the situation by saying that the 20% are people who explicitly said they would buy a 'Google-branded' phone (which excludes the overwhelming majority of popular Android phones) — as Google gets out of the business of selling branded phones. Summarizing their position on Android: 'Yankee Group still believes that Android will become the next breakout mobile phone platform, making it the third most popular platform behind iPhone and RIM's Blackberry in installed base for at least the next five years.'"

Upvote 0
I used to want an iphone, but then I took a trip to the verizon store, picked up an incredible and down the drain goes the iphone. so yes I would get another android phone.

This was me. Wanted an iPhone, got an Incredible, said "What iPhone?"

That said, I'm probably going to be buying another Android phone pending what is out in January 2012 when I'm due for an upgrade.

Upvote 0
So they thought to manipulate the response by asking if people would buy a "google branded" handset! Ha! Laughable.

Not exactly accurate. They used data from only users of "Google Branded" phones which would be lower end and older handsets like the G1, BackFlip and the MyTouch. Other than the Nexus One, they excluded the majority of phones that compete directly at the level of the iPhone. Specifically, the HTC EVO and Desire, All the Droids and Samsung's Galaxy class. Their rationale was because Sense UI, Motoblur and TouchWiz are on other OS's they couldn't get an accurate sampling of Android users. While their (questionable) motives might be perceived as trying to keep a balanced comparison between pure Android and iOS, what it did in reality was unfairly skew the results in Apple's favor.

Upvote 0
Easily yes. Now depending on how WebOS 2.0, Meego and WinMo7 turn out I might change my mind. As of right now, after rooting my Moment and having all the little fixes for it then yes. I would buy another Android phone. I don't mind the Iphone, but it's stuck on AT&T, it's too much for a monthly plan for me, and the reception issue with the Iphone4 is just not gonna cut it for me.

Upvote 0
This poll is no better then the CNN poll.... As its being done at an android forum.. I am pretty sure the CNN poll is very misleading or skewed in favor of Apple... but this is going to be just as bad.

That being said I voted yes. I'll stick with android phones till another OS really steps up.

yes.. you are right.. it is bias...

but.. the question was posed to android owners. they wanted to know.. of the android owners, would you get another android phone.

so... this is the prefect place to ask that question..

YES... I would get another android... maybe webOS.. if they ever get their act together.

CNN ... fanboy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones