1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Would You Rather Have A Rooted Note 3 or Non Rooted Note 4

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by daviddcmd, Oct 27, 2014.

1. daviddcmd

daviddcmd Member

I've rooted my Note 3 and removed most of the bloat wear. I bought a Note 4 full price and trying to decide if I should keep it.

Not looking for advice just opinion.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I'd go with the non rooted Note 4 personally. I like that the screen is slightly thinner than the Note 3. That small size difference enhances the video experience IMHO. It makes the devices look more like a 16:9 video monitor or TV to me. Even though it isn't the Note 3 screen looks square like an old CRT.

3. boyo1991

boyo1991 Android Enthusiast

Non rooted note 4... I personally don't like to void the warranty as I usually need to use it.. I'm a bit picky when it comes to those things lol.

But besides that I'd just like the updated specs anyways lol

4. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Hi daviddcmd, I moved your thread to the Device Comparisons forum :)

I'd also go with a non rooted Note 4.

5. Shocky

Shocky Android Expert

If I had a Note 4 I'd just root it, to hell with the warranty.

Guess it depends what your luck is like with hardware, thankfully nothing has gone wrong with any of the mobiles ive had in the last 6 years and most of them were from Samsung.

But then again I'm now using a OnePlus One and probably won't be going Samsung again, Knox is one reason but also the horrible interface which is fast enough but ugle, very ugle.

6. zipred

zipred Android Expert

Have a Note 3 I rooted, it's been stellar. Going to continue with it instead of upgrading which I usually do. Reason I'm passing on Note 4 is i have no use for health apps or pulse monitor. Nor do i want those on the phone. I'm thrilled that the Nexus 6 I'm ordering doesn't have those or a fingerprint reader either.

That's my take on it.

7. ucliker

ucliker Lurker

I've owned various android phone over the years and rooted them all. Currently I have have a rooted Note 3 and absolutely love it. It can do anything you can think of. I do like the Note 4 a lot but won't be upgrading since It has a bunch of features I really don't need. That being said it's still one of the best smartphones ever made and these days rooting isn't really necessary. If it has a feature you absolutely need then keep it other than that it's not that big of a jump from the Note 3.

8. the hulk

the hulk Android Enthusiast

Note 3 if you would like to donate the note 4 to me, and like others said, unless it has like a die hard necessity, like the fingerprint scanner, then no reason to really upgrade unless you want the latest and greatest.