• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Would you recommend doing this?

Just had a thought when I plugged my dx2 in to charge last night. Because I have the bootstrap installed, whenever I plug mine in to charge, the bootstrap loads.

So I was thinking, and because there aren't really any roms out there for the x2, and I already have backed mine up using the bootstrap, would you guys recommend freezing the app using Titanium so the phone can charge normally?

Freezing the bootstrap app won't stop bootstrap recovery from appearing when you plug in your phone while it's off.

The community for the X2 here is dead. You should check out it's XDA pages, the community there is lively and there are ROMs to choose from!

Motorola Droid X2 - xda-developers

the community isnt dead here. lol. Just not as meany followers here but never know we might get bigger. your on here right lol. i think a few of us on here wont like oyu saying that since we help as much as we can

Upvote 0
Freezing the bootstrap app won't stop bootstrap recovery from appearing when you plug in your phone while it's off.

The community for the X2 here is dead. You should check out it's XDA pages, the community there is lively and there are ROMs to choose from!

xda is a good place for software help, but it's a bit too 4chanish for me. I just go in, get what I need, and get out of there.

Upvote 0

I definitely appreciate the info, although it will be awhile before I download any ROMs for the x2, they're a little too experimental for me right now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones