• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would you trade droid for HTC Passion?

Would you trade your Droid for an HTC Passion

• Yes

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 51 85.0%

• Total voters
Well the Passion would presumably be running 2.0

Hmmm, perhaps - but reading Differentiation leads to fragmented, confused Android | Android Atlas - CNET Blogs makes me think otherwise....

Results will be skewed considering we're in the Motorola Droid forum, but I voted yes, because I might enjoy the bigger touch screen and sense UI. And its not a motorola

Good point. However, posting it in other forums won't help, b/c then you'll get a bunch of "But I don't have a DROID!" comments....

Based upon the questions, this is the exact demographic that the OP is targeting, so though it may be a bit skewed, I'll warrant that it will not be so much so - after all there are plenty of people posting about returning their DROID and returning / changing to _______ device, and plenty more bitching, moaning and complaining about various (and perceived) problems....

Upvote 0
Those who come out of the gate and say no they will not trade the droid will be among the first to trade it.

Now PRIDE is a huge thing and will stop some from trading there droid in but who will keep the droid when the next one comes along so soon and makes the Moto look,well,out dated a bit.

Do not get me wrong, I am not saying do not have a healthy PRIDE in the droid that you bought but side by side and out at the same time would the majority have picked the droid over a phone identical to the Passion? I do not think the number would be that great.

I am not in anyway attacking anyone who has purchased the droid.I am just trying to be real about it all.

Upvote 0
Those who come out of the gate and say no they will not trade the droid will be among the first to trade it.

Now PRIDE is a huge thing and will stop some from trading there droid in but who will keep the droid when the next one comes along so soon and makes the Moto look,well,out dated a bit.

Do not get me wrong, I am not saying do not have a healthy PRIDE in the droid that you bought but side by side and out at the same time would the majority have picked the droid over a phone identical to the Passion? I do not think the number would be that great.

I am not in anyway attacking anyone who has purchased the droid.I am just trying to be real about it all.

I don't understand that at all.

I'm sure there will be a little bit of phone envy when the Passion comes out, but if you like your Droid enough and enjoy what it brings you, then there's no reason to trade. I doubt it'll be all that much "better" or more "feature" filled than the Droid. I am pleased as heck with the Droid.

Upvote 0
No keyboard, no thanks. Plus I think it's kind of ugly. Just looks like a blob. I love the way the Droid is designed.

I understand about the keyboard but I too went with my heart set on the droid and was so shocked when inspecting it and it was the key board as one of the problems.I was let down,but that is just me.Never just settle.

I do not think they owned up to producing the phone as it could have been and should have been.

Just my opinion as an Engineer and I am sure there are many other people that would not agree with me.

I do think Motorola can and will have a new design in late 2010 early 2011 for this exact phone.

Upvote 0
I may buy the passion but won't trade the Droid. The Droid is the best phone I have owned. The keyboard works just fine once you quit bitching about it and actually start using it. I think Motorola did a great job and will look forward to the Droid 2 when and if it ever comes out. I would prefer the x10 over the passion anyway

Upvote 0
I have found the hardware keyboard immensely useful. I use the software one as little as possible, and I feel that if I had gone with the iPhone (which is what I was looking at before I came upon the droid) I would have gotten frustrated with the software keyboard (I know I get frustrated with it on the iTouch)

I hope that the phone holds up though. From my experience, the more moving parts the more parts there are to break. The phone seems well built, although there is this one small area on the plastic edge that is slightly loose :(

Upvote 0
I had read an article somewhere that had an interview with the ceo of htc and he stated that there was not going to be an anroid phone like the hd2. So it sounds like the passion is all rumor and at least from what I've researched there is no hard evidence of the phone. Can anybody point to an article that actually has hard evidence that proves of the phones existence?

Anyways the moto droid is the best phone I've had so far and I've had 4 different htc win-mo devices and a handful of different bb's.......I will not trade this phone for the rumored passion.

Upvote 0
There will always be something "bigger and better" coming out in the world of smarthphones. That's just the nature of technology in general. That said, I feel the Droid is the first device I've ever owned that ill still be content with 1-2 years from now. Every day I find myself using this device more and more to the point where I wonder how I used to get by with my previous phone (storm). I can honestly say this device is the most usefull tool I own and I will be content with it for the forseeable future. So no :)

Upvote 0
No keyboard, no thanks. Plus I think it's kind of ugly. Just looks like a blob. I love the way the Droid is designed.

I have to agree with Vincent on this one. I have to have a physical keyboard, although I use the virtual one equally.

As for aesthetics, the Droid just looks like, well, a TOOL (albeit a sexy one! :p) and less a toy, if you catch my drift. It just says "this is a piece of technology" as opposed to, "this is the latest gadget."

I for one won't trade my Droid for a Passion. In fact, you'll have to pry it from my dead hand if you want it. ;)

Upvote 0
No physical keyboard. I wouldn't trade. I LOVE the physical keyboard. Sometimes I try to use the touch but end up thinking, "too much trouble" and pulling out the keyboard. I think it's fantastic and I don't see myself ever giving up the phone unless it's another android phone with a physical keyboard. I think I text more than I talk.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones