• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

would you trade your D2...

Well I can say that I'm switching to the Fascinate in a couple of weeks, and I have a D2. After my long time faithfulness for physical keyboards, I feel i dont need one anymore. I've been wanting a really slim phone like the fascinate. Plus like you said, that super-amoled screen and hummingbird processor are to die for. (not literally of course.. lol)

I also want a phone without a locked boot loader.

Upvote 0
Without a doubt. Even with it overclocked, I still finish the day with it never lower than 50%.

And to the orig poster.. I have not had a hands on experience with the Fascinate.. But with the way my R2D2D2 is running presently, I would not exchange it for anything.

How do you have it running? I tried launcherpro and even that sucks. Sometimes when I scroll it'll open one of my widgets with any launcher.

Upvote 0
Only things that worry me.:(

Hopefully they skip Froyo and go straight to Gingerbread. I heard Samsung devs have had a lot of time to work with 2.3 on their Galaxy S devices so who knows.

By the time the fascinate gets froyo honeycomb will be out and other phones will already be updated to gingerbread. Samsung sucks with updates which is why the fascinate will be the last phone i buy from samsung ill still with moto or htc

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones