1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Would you upgrade?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jamala00, Sep 16, 2011.

1. jamala00

jamala00 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    For those of you that own the Inc2, did you come from the Inc? I have an upgrade I can use, but don't want to on the Inc2 coming from the original Inc. Given that, the only phones that seem to be coming out are 4.3" screens. That's too big for me. I found an Inc2 locally here, it is bran new (well 2 weeks old) and I can pick it up for $225.00... Is there anything about the Inc2 over the Inc that would make it worth the $225.00??? Tossed on this deal and wondering if others would go for it or not...

I might add... Mint with case and screen protector and 16 gig card

Advertisement

2. Live2Race

Live2Race Member
    None

Aug 30, 2011
    The inc 2 is a bad ass phone!! But dude, if you paying $225. and you are saying you can upgrade you getting ripped off!! you can get the phone free online.

3. Masamune

Masamune Member
    None

Dec 10, 2010
    Security
    Florida
    Gotta say, coming from the Inc myself, the Inc2 has way better battery life and the larger screen is nice too, it does feel a little bulkier but you get used to it. The reception is a bit worse but I'm on wifi most of the time and after multiple complaints to verizon they sent me a cell tower that i plugged into my router and now I have amazing reception at home.

4. jamala00

None

Aug 9, 2011
    Ya, I have been able to updgrade since July. Have been waiting to see if something from HTC will come out that isn't 4.3, but is LTE. It doesn't look like that is giong to happen. So I am tossing the idea of getting the Inc2.

Thanks for the info guys!

5. TheDroidLife

TheDroidLife Member
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    if your eligble for an upgrade, its not going to expire, and if its 4g LTE you want, your not going to get it with the Dinc2. I would wait. they will come out with a smaller 4g phone soon enough..

I love my Dinc2, but i dont want 4g (not till theres more available, and battery life improves)

6. redraptor

redraptor Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 6, 2010
    "Fish dude" at PetSmart, Best Buy Mobile Sales Ass
    Much too far from the waves
    might wanna wait about a month or so. Rumors are saying that a new htc 4g lte dual core 1.5 ghz device I coming out sometime in October. It was originally going to be called the vigor but all things are pointing to the incredible hd. I'm hoping that it will really take off. And be a proper competitor

7. Mark16q

Mark16q Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 28, 2010
    CPa
    Conejo Valley, CA
    Sort of the same boat as you, but have an Eris. Just too slow so this week got a Inc2 barely used. My son has an Inc. Mine is a bit snappier and the slightly larger screen is nice, but not a big diff really. But for $225 out of contract that's a great deal and you could probably sell it when the next big thing comes out since you don't have to renew your contract. New toys are fun and it might just hold you over until what you really want arrives.

8. putz

putz Member
    None

Jul 18, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    I have the Thunderbolt, if I don't like the Vigor I'm "upgrading" to the incredible 2

9. jamala00

None

Aug 9, 2011
    Ya, I ended up passing on the deal. I guess I will give it to the end of the year. If nothing comes out that interests me maybe I will just "upgrade" to the Inc2 for free. Ya, I could probably re-sell it, and that almost makes me want to try it out. Honestly I am not all that interested in 4G right now, 3G loads webpages for me quite fast. I don't stream video, so I'm not real concered about 4G. My big hang up on all these new phones is the size. I like the size of the Inc.