• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wouldn't turn on

Symun23

May 25, 2010
Was using my phone tonight sending a text message, pressed the top button to lock the screen when I came back to the phone I wasn't able to turn it back on. When I kept my finger on the top button the three buttons at the bottom of the screen started to flash. I kept my finger on and after the three buttons had flashed 15 times they stopped and the phone eventually restarted.

Anyone know why this might have happened? So I can prevent it in the future.

I haven't rooted the phone or changed any settings.

Cheers

Was using my phone tonight sending a text message, pressed the top button to lock the screen when I came back to the phone I wasn't able to turn it back on. When I kept my finger on the top button the three buttons at the bottom of the screen started to flash. I kept my finger on and after the three buttons had flashed 15 times they stopped and the phone eventually restarted.

Anyone know why this might have happened? So I can prevent it in the future.

I haven't rooted the phone or changed any settings.

Cheers

It can be anything from a glitch in the OS to hardware malfunction ...
From what you are saying, it's the OS's fault ! If it gets worse, change the OS or exchange it !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones