1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Woven Texture On Screen?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EmotionalNinja, Dec 15, 2011.

1. EmotionalNinja

EmotionalNinja Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 14, 2011
    Web Developer
    Northern Illinois University
    I'm trying to figure out if I have a defective screen or if this is just something to expect from a SAMOLED screen..

If I have my brightness turned all the way up this is not an issue, however since I want to have semi-decent battery life I have the brightness set to auto.

The issue I am having is that when I am in an application that is mostly white/gray I can make out a woven cloth texture on the screen. I was reading other message boards and some people were saying this was normal while others were saying it wasn't. Just looking for some input from others before I go to exchange it for another Nexus...

Advertisement

2. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Android Expert
    None

May 13, 2010
    video editor
    Charlotte, NC
    i think they may have meant it's not normal for screens in general but it is normal for SAMOLED screens lol
    i showed a friend of mine a band on the right side of my screen, which isn't there on full brightness, and let him know to check his phone before he walked out for something similar. i don't think he cared, though, because his phone has what you're describing. substantially worse than mine.
    SAMOLED screens are not of the best quality imo.

EmotionalNinja likes this.
  3. EmotionalNinja

EmotionalNinja Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 14, 2011
    Web Developer
    Northern Illinois University
    Alright so it's something that is to be expected then and I shouldn't worry about having a bad screen? That's my only concern, I don't mind the texture I just don't want something that is defective.

4. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Android Expert
    None

May 13, 2010
    video editor
    Charlotte, NC
    that is all up to you, mate. i'm on my second one since i thought i killed the first one. the first one had no screen issues whatsoever. it's all chance, tbh ;)
    edit: the woven texture is not something i would settle for personally. a band here or there at a certain brightness and only on light gray images (think market background when you select an app) is acceptable for me.

5. Wheresatom

Wheresatom Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2009
    I'd maybe suggest going in to compare to the demo unit to see if you can recreate the problem.

Tags: