1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wow 1/2 Gb in one day!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Crude, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Crude

Crude Android Expert

I never understood how people are getting 10-20 GB of use on their phone until today. Last night I set up my Nexus and in the process I used a smooth 500Mb in half a battery cycle. Mostly downloading from android market....absolutely no music or videos.

If you used netflix, pandora, google music, youtube a lot you're going to easily blow 10Gb in a month.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. balders

balders Well-Known Member

update only over wireless? that would blow half my monthly data in one night, ouch.

3. pragmatous

pragmatous Android Enthusiast

*shrug - I was grand fathered in for unlimited data. Doesn't effect me any. but ya there are options to make sure you download over wifi only as well as setting data caps on the phone so you don't exceed your lame 2GB limit.

I would have switched to sprint if I wasn't grand fathered in heh.

4. red46123

red46123 Newbie

I am at 10 GB already and that is using my phone like I normally do. I love 4g and I'm grandfathered in. Therefore, I will see if I can hit 50 GB in a month. Might as well abuse it until they take it away.

5. zebug

zebug Android Enthusiast

I've streamed netflix for about 2 hours in my current billing cycle (I'm watching Lost for the first time ever while I ride the bus to work....up to episode 5 and I'm loving it thus far). Anyway back on topic, I'm 1 week into my billing cycle and I've used 1.2 GB and that is with the 2 hours of streaming on Netflix so not too bad at all. I've also streamed about 2 hours of videos from various sites (youtube et al). Extrapolate that out over a total of 4 weeks and that will be about 20 hours of streaming HD content and I might hit 5GB

No idea how some people hit 50 GB mark

6. Johndubbya77

Johndubbya77 Newbie

I used 17 gb last month and I am 4 days into my billing cycle and I have used 1.8 gb... I take unlimited to the limits lolol

7. chamjin

chamjin Newbie

6 gb over 4g and 10gb over wifi so far ^_^
    Gotta love unlimited data

8. DSG04lightning

DSG04lightning Well-Known Member

Yeah last I heard they were running a promo for unlimited hotspot even if you have a 2gb limit. I have unlimited all the way and easily blow through 10gb a month im already 11 days into my billing cycle and im up to almost 4 gb used

9. Johndubbya77

Johndubbya77 Newbie

I had a mifi and got a virus and had 18 gb and got screwed with a 500 dollar bill then got a droid and tethered so i am gonna stick it to verizon

10. hlsilver

hlsilver Well-Known Member

I thought 4GB would be plenty for me and I would never use that much. I've been trying to use wifi as much as possibly and it's about 6 days into my billing cycle and I've used 1.6GB over wifi, 109MB over mobile data. I wish I had switched before Verizon got rid of unlimited data so I could actually use 4G without fear of hitting my limit.

11. Johndubbya77

Johndubbya77 Newbie

yeah that is where they nail ya

12. Mr. Orange 645

Mr. Orange 645 Android Enthusiast

I'm about 21 days into my billing cycle and already hit 17GB. NEVER used to use more than 3GB/mo. Usually under 2GB.

BUT, that's with streaming music through Google Music everyday, downloading custom ROMs, and using speedtest.net app quite a bit just testing my DL speeds in various places.

Just FYI, Speedtest.net uses about 22MB per session, which isn't much, but think about it: You use it ten times, just testing different spots, maybe retesting the same spot a couple times to verify either high or low speeds that's 220MB. Do that for a few days, and you'll hit 1GB before you know it.

Luckily, I'm grandfathered into unlimited as well. They take that away, and I don't know what I'll do. Guess its back to music onboard only and downloading via PC and transferring via USB, and using wifi as much as possible. *shudders at the thought*

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews