• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wow... Awesome phone!

npro1464

Sep 2, 2010
Got my GSIII from Costco on Black Friday, and I can't believe it! Even though I got a good deal on it, wish I had gotten this phone earlier. Coming from an HTC Thunderbolt on its last legs, this phone is amazing. I can't believe how fast everything is, and how fluid everything is. And it's so light! I forget its in my pocket! Within minutes, I was rooted, thanks to the work done by devs. The dev support is crazy- its hard to chose where to start (I chose CleanROM 5.0- awesome ROM, btw!!). Battery life could be better, but I always carry a charger on me since having my Thunderbolt, so no real big concern there! The only issue I have is the power button is a little bit wiggly. I'm not too concerned about it, since it seems to be common among GSIII's- but I'll keep an eye on it.

I was torn between this, the Razr Maxx HD, and the Nexus 4. I chose the GSIII because of the unlockable bootloader, the dev support, the superior camera to the Maxx HD, and the storage capacity it has over the Nexus. Also, I was able to keep my unlimited data (for now), which was a factor in sticking with Verizon.

I did whip this phone out in front of my friends last night, and they're all going to buy one after seeing it :cool: Now I just have to find a case.

I don't understand the comments about the battery. I find the battery life amazing even after JB. I have it on all day, use it at work and often have 45% left by bed time. The UK consumer association rated it the best battery life of any smart phone on the market. Have you guys got something draining it in the background?

Upvote 0
I get 2 days of battery out of mine with moderate use so I'm more than happy with it after coming from the Desire HD that would be drained after about 18 hours. The only thing I've been slightly disappointed with is that the screen is slightly less scratch resistant than other phones I've had. (Screen covers avoid that issue of course)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones