1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

WOW, Dropbox screwed up BADLY.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by falkner09, Dec 27, 2011.

1. falkner09

falkner09 Member

ok so I've been using Dropbox all semester. I thought it was nice but could've been better if it had the PC/Mac version capabilities, like auto-sync on file change, auto uploading anything that gets put into the dropbox folder, or uploading that WORKED more often, etc.

So an update comes out the other day, and it has HEAVILY downgraded the app. seriously, it has removed a number of features, including the ability to use Android's share menu to share files to another app; now, all it does is share web links, so you can't send an MMS with a picture, a major reason I used it on my phone.

Worst of all, It not takes more steps to download files, AND once they're downloaded, they are now put in dropbox's app data folder, instead of the more sensible dropbox folder on your memory card (which is deleted upon the update btw, along with all the files in it)

Anyway, I am now looking for a new cloud storage and sync program that works like the dropbox for PC/Mac program does, yet is also useful on my phone. any ideas? how good is Box.net? I checked it out, but it won't let you sign up without giving your phone number, and I'm iffy about that.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert

Mine seems to be working fine between phone and PC after upgrade to 2.0. Like it much better now that you can upload multiple items at once (was one a at time). "Share" from other apps seems to work exactly the same. What's a "Dropbox app folder"? My files go where I send them (don't have an "app folder").

3. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

Working just fine for me...

4. SHIFTY21

SHIFTY21 Newbie

Mine is working better since the update, be lost without it.

5. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Android Enthusiast

6. thegexx

thegexx Newbie

Click on the file and push export, and then export to the app of your choice, as far as auto-sync I've been using dropsync and it works great.

7. aalupatti

aalupatti Newbie

The default folder now is
    The files are stored in sdcard/android/data/com.dropbox.com/files/scratch