• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WoW Eight Days Since Launch..Are We All As Happy As We Thought We Would Be???

How quickly time flys. Well I'm happy for the most part. I was hoping the EVOs build quality would be better than the Incredible I just sent packing back to Verizon but sadly it isn't. I'm a bit disappointed in the 4G coverage area where I live im supposed to be in a 4G hot spot but I can't get any signal from my home at all. When I do get 4G it is really fast. My phone has a few build quality issues like my Incredible did but it seems to work well so im im happy with it for the most part. The service seems good and since I took the roaming feature down the battery life is great. Now im waiting patiently for the EVO-2 :D

Im still happy. im kinda glad i left the Incredible and verizon. I have no complaints at all about the EVO. I wish there were more cases but that will come in time.

You may want to hold on the case for a few more, just saw that Seidio is working on a 3500mah battery with back door, stated as being only millimeters thicker. I think that's twice the batterypower?

Actually just saw photos of the new Seidio battery and door here in the forum, slightly larger than I let on in my post, but still tolerable if it is a powerful as stated.

Upvote 0
I'm more than happy with it. It beats the pants off the iPhone 3GS I had, and I'm loving both Android OS and the phone itself. I seem to have an EVO that has good build quality, as I have no issues with the screen or creaking. I'm honestly totally in love with the thing, and I can't imagine a phone that's much better than this right now.

I have to say, the big screen is a huge plus. I don't think I could go back to a 3.5" screen again. Bravo, HTC.

Upvote 0
I had to travel to work on I-55 south (From Chicago to Springfield, IL) and the ENTIRE time I was on 3G. AWESOME. I've never had a problem with dropped calls on my iPhone and ATT, but I would never get 3G coverage. Not even for half the trip. I like paying less and getting more from the network and phone. Win-Win-Win!

Upvote 0
Still happy. However this is my first android phone. Previous phones were: iphone: awesome phone at the time but edge speed was just terrible. Palm Pre: fast (after overclocking), and webOS was a great OS. I still kind of miss webOS but the lack of apps and frequent updates from palm was getting old.

I am shocked at the disappointment in the camera however. Maybe the other android phones were better but just the front camera blows the pre out of the water...

Upvote 0
Love it, still in the baby stages with it lol...

Last night at the bar was very intriguing....guy notice how big my phone was and asked what it was. Noticed he had an iPhone and then even compared the two side by side(I kinda laughed cause he had an infamous cracked screen).

So my friend tells me to do to him what I did to my friend that makes him want to leave Tmo and get an EVO.

So i do my new routine that ive been doing to everyone now.....I fire up Videos, pull up Book of Eli (720p) and let him start watching it in his hands.

First he notices how well the big screen shows the movie...and mentions that the iPhone 4 should be able to do that......then here comes the kicker......

All I say to him is "will your iPhone 4 do this?"....while he is watching the movie, I unnoticingly pull the kickstand out and plop it on top of the bar. Dude ended up having a double take, couldnt believe what just happened.

Might not have sold him on getting an EVO, but definitely showed him that there is a new king of smartphones in town.

Upvote 0
Love it, still in the baby stages with it lol...

Last night at the bar was very intriguing....guy notice how big my phone was and asked what it was. Noticed he had an iPhone and then even compared the two side by side(I kinda laughed cause he had an infamous cracked screen).

So my friend tells me to do to him what I did to my friend that makes him want to leave Tmo and get an EVO.

So i do my new routine that ive been doing to everyone now.....I fire up Videos, pull up Book of Eli (720p) and let him start watching it in his hands.

First he notices how well the big screen shows the movie...and mentions that the iPhone 4 should be able to do that......then here comes the kicker......

All I say to him is "will your iPhone 4 do this?"....while he is watching the movie, I unnoticingly pull the kickstand out and plop it on top of the bar. Dude ended up having a double take, couldnt believe what just happened.

Might not have sold him on getting an EVO, but definitely showed him that there is a new king of smartphones in town.

I was out to dinner last night at the Weber Grill down town Chicago (A great place to eat) with an executive from NBC/Universal and they are all Iphone/Blackberry freaks over there so he noticed the EVO and thank god I had the 4G and GPS on. He asked me to render a Google map and I hit the button an BAM it was right there I was even shocked how fast it came up...blew the poor IPhone user away im afraid. That and he paid for my Prime rib on his NBC credit card made my evening! :D ;)

Reactions: Ravensthief
Upvote 0
I'm pretty satisfied. No build quality issues except for a little bit of light leakage and I can go a full day on a single charge pretty easily with moderate usage. The earpiece doesn't have the greatest sound and for some reason it won't stay connected to my Motorola H700 headset. I do wish there were better quality apps (but there are many good ones that are free!) as well and no 4G for me, but that isn't the phone's fault.

I do wish the screen had a better resolution though, the icons are a bit Mickey Mouse-ish huge.

The browsing experience being able to surf pretty much any webpage is great. I use it much more than my laptop now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones