• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wow.....I really miss my Beats By Dre software!

I came from a One X too and I am in the same boat as you man. I love the Beats Audio software and used to think it was a gimmick until my friend got one before me and we tested it. Not only is the bass deeper but the sound is richer and louder. If you're rooted you can load the software on your N5, but its PERMANENT. Or you could flash a ROM that uses the software.

Upvote 0
i'm hoping someone makes a rom with it or can at least confirm a way to get it to work on this phone, i had an htc evo design 4g with a rom that had it and it always sounded amazing no matter what genre i was listening to, even when i was on stock it still sounded a lot better than it has on the nexus 5, my headphones basically sound like garbage right now, has anyone else had this experience, i'm using the play music app and have tried a few equalizers but it still sounds awful and at what seems like less than half the volume of my previous phone

Upvote 0
I'm curious (never had beats and generally like what I get out of Power Amp equalizer) do Beats headphones provide any technology that gets you back near what beats on the phone gave you?

I really never use the speaker on m smartphone. I either use headphones or the AUX plug in my car. I guess I would change my mind if a phone delivered good sound from speakers like the HTC One, but it just never occurred to me to listen to a smartphone using tiny speakers. However, I've seen enough testimonials (here and elsewhere) to believe that the HTC One setup is quite an experience.

Upvote 0
i had been using dsp manager, it was an improvement, but last night i tried viper4android and fell in love with it, even better than beats audio since it is highly configurable yet very easy to adjust everything to how you want it, just spend 10 minute messing with the settings and you'll forget all about beats audio

There's so many versions. Send me the right link to it if u can.

Never mind. I'm not rooted.

Upvote 0
I came from a One X too and I am in the same boat as you man. I love the Beats Audio software and used to think it was a gimmick until my friend got one before me and we tested it. Not only is the bass deeper but the sound is richer and louder. If you're rooted you can load the software on your N5, but its PERMANENT. Or you could flash a ROM that uses the software.

You have the links so I can get that on my Nexus

Upvote 0
What, Beats Fraudio?! How unfortunate. I wouldn't touch that steaming pile with a 10 foot stick.

Check out this video on YouTube: Cdbn_pmxFic "Beats Audio: Explained!" by Marques Brownlee

To cut to the chase, apparently the "off" setting in Beats Fraudio is basically actually using another equalizer preset, only one that intentionally sounds bad, in order to trick people into thinking that Beats Fraudio sounds that much better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones