1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wow metro, really?? NO DATA!!!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by whyodom, Dec 22, 2011.

1. whyodom

whyodom Lurker

Hey, yall. New to the site, not new to androids.

Well, im having serious issues. I have a non-rooted ascend, called metro pcs over and over and over again. All they do is refresh my service and "re-program" my phone.

Now the PROBLEM is....
    Normally my notification bar would show my 1x network connection (Oh boy do i miss my slow connection) because now i have NO CONNECTION... My Ascend now constantly goes from displaying 1x to 3g, to this wierd bar that looks like this. Mind you, when it displays the 3G i dont have a connection either. But i can make phone calls and sms no matter what.

3g..ll Normally it just shows 1x. Rarely shows 3g, and wierd when it shows them stacked.
    1x..ll.

The only time i have a LEGIT connection is when it displays the 1x.
    Metro customer service is completely useless because after the 20-something phone calls ive made, i have yet to find a solution as to why my phone has no connection.

I JUST WANT MY 1X BACK!!! AND FOR IT TO BE CONSTANT!!

- A very frustrated androidee.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

It sounds like the 3G coverage in your area just sucks. Either that, or your receiver on the phone isn't working properly. Try taking the phone back to where you bought it and see if you get solid 3G there. If not, demand that they replace the phone.

3. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

where are you? can anyone confirm your service is serviceable in that area?

otherwise.. you phone may have a bad hardware.. and need to be replaced .. hopefully under warranty