• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
just to add in with regards to task killers,

No, task killers are not needed in froyo 2.2, nor in any android version for that matter.

I would recommend a task management application, like autokiller (name of app is misleading, as its not killing apps, but rather modifying parameters as to when apps should be killed at kernel level)

Autokiller is a definite must-have. I have my preset at Ultimate, and its running super smooth with great battery life.

Upvote 0
I would suggest a task killer simply because it's easier to see the list of running apps and kill one that's misbehaving compared to going into the settings menu.

If you have the facebook app on your phone, you need a task killer because it doesn't allow the phone to sleep. I find myself killing it all of the time.

Upvote 0
I downloaded launcher pro, and can not find it on my phone to even start it up. When i go into settings I can find the app, but I can not start it.

starts automatically...its the user interface you're looking at...

Click the settings button (hard button all the way to the left) you should be able to access the Launcher Pro settings from there

Upvote 0
For everyone who said upgrading to LPP was a must, why do you say this? I upgraded and the only difference I noticed was the ability to resize widgets and got a few extra LP widgets, other than that I really don't see much difference between the two versions at all.

Now, if it's because you feel Frederico deserves the donation then that's all good, I can get behind that. But I wouldn't say if you upgrade to Plus you're going to notice a huge leap from the standard app. Unless I've missed something?

Upvote 0
For everyone who said upgrading to LPP was a must, why do you say this? I upgraded and the only difference I noticed was the ability to resize widgets and got a few extra LP widgets, other than that I really don't see much difference between the two versions at all.

Now, if it's because you feel Frederico deserves the donation then that's all good, I can get behind that. But I wouldn't say if you upgrade to Plus you're going to notice a huge leap from the standard app. Unless I've missed something?

I think - and correct me if I'm wrong, because it's been a while since I upgraded to Plus - that there are a number of settings/preferences (besides resizing) that are available only in the paid version.

Upvote 0

You can do a lot more customization and the interface kicks butt. Different apps for different folks. I missed the HTC UI since I left the Dinc and I just got it back and I use ALL the PLUS widgets.

No conspiracy theory's here... just pleased with an awesome app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones