1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

WP7 Android UI

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by lucas.scott, May 3, 2011.

1. lucas.scott

lucas.scott Lurker
    None

Jun 15, 2010
    Hey guys , havent posted here in quite a while , but i wanted to let you guys know about the project that im now working with . The WP7 Android UI . We are currently working on several apps that are meant to bring the feel of Windows Phone 7 to our android handsets . I know some people love the ui .. some people find it useless ... if you fall into the category of loving it , then check us out :)

WP7Android

Here is our plan :

We are a team of developers striving to bring the user interface of Windows Phone 7 to the Android mobile operating system .

This project was launched by mobile entusiasts to combine the ultimate mobile experience. The freedom of Android and the grace and elegance of Windows Phone 7. Anyone that has not used Windows Phone 7 is missing out on the sleek and beauty of the OS and the style of the applicaitons. However, on the other hand, those that have used it will also notice the limitations and lack of apps that everyone is used to using.

With the WP7Android applications, you can pick and choose how much WP7 that you want on your device. This is not an all or nothing solution. You can show off your "WP7" device and wow everyone with how much freedome you have and access to ALL of the android applications!

There will be a total of 9 applications in the package that you can chose from.

- Launcher (Currently in closed beta)
    - Dialer
    - Contacts (Currently for sale in webstore)
    - Mail (Will be in closed beta very soon)
    - Camera
    - Gallery
    - Zune-Player (Currently in closed beta)

We have made so much progress on the project already and we are just looking to spread the word . If you are interested in joining the project , please let me know .

Access to the closed beta is currently only available to those that help in development of the project , or donate to project development . We are working very very hard , and already have a ton of support .

I understand that some people frown upon donating to gain access , but please understand it is necessary . We are offering Cloud Music Storage in the Zune app (will be subscription based and will even support movies), and our server costs around $70 a month . Not to mention the cost of our developer incentives and everything else it takes to keep this project going .

Thanks for your time . Be sure to check out the website and "like" our Facebook site that launched yesterday .

WP7Android

WP7 Android | Facebook

There you can find hands on videos and all other information you need for that project .

Thanks !

Advertisement

2. MJM128

MJM128 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 1, 2010
    It looks really good so far. Too bad I find the WP7 UI so bland. It looks really close to how a wp7 device actually is though. Always good to have options out there! :D