1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

wrist shake to launch camera app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by amlothi, Oct 6, 2013.

1. amlothi

amlothi Android Expert

Is there any way to have it launch a different camera app?

2. RockyC33

RockyC33 Newbie

Maybe, if you're rooted. I really have no idea, but I still doubt it.

3. shalemail

shalemail Android Expert

Well yes, there is a button on your home screen. You can launch it like any other phone camera. The wrist shake is just to wake the phone to the camera.

4. Funnyusername

Funnyusername Android Enthusiast

He just wants to know if shaking the wrist is limited to the camera, or can it be used to launch other programs. My answer is a for sure no running stock. Not sure if people who root can change this however.

5. amlothi

amlothi Android Expert

I was hoping someone had found a way to set an alternative camera app as the default and have that app launch with the wrist shake instead of the default android camera. I haven't been able to get it to work on my phone - perhaps not possible without root.

6. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

i think you would need to configure the code that specifies the axis change and what app it launches.

7. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

Yep, if it is not popping up a chooser, then it is most certainly a hard-coded class name in the launching intent.

8. VoidedSaint

changing the class wouldn't be difficult.
    locating it on the other hand might be.

alostpacket likes this.
  9. If this root-related discussion needs to continue I can move the thread to the all-things-root sub-forum.

To do so ... tell me the carrier.

... Thom

10. VoidedSaint

it doesn't need to be moved.
    the root situation was brought up by other users.
    the OP may not care to root and was only asking if there is an app to change the operation he was referring to.

Motorola Moto X (1st Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto X (1st Gen) release date was August 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 10MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2200mAh battery.

August 2013
Release Date
Reviews