1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wrong Android animation

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by afp, Oct 1, 2014.

1. afp

afp Lurker

... across all devices. Actually, when you click "Home" in a full screen application it "closes" with animation, which is not real and also not intuitive. The application is still running in background and can be found in recent application lists.
    The correct behaviour is the animated pop-up of the Home screen over current application screen.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Welcome to the forum :)

Are you asking whether there is a way of changing this? It may depend what phone, software version or launcher you have, as I've never seen an animation like what you describe - clicking home on my phone fades (quickly) to the homescreen whatever app is running.

3. afp

afp Lurker

Indeed, I dont think its ok to "fade" to the Home Screen. The Home Screen should "fade" over the current application. I don't think there is any launcher doing this.

4. Hadron

VIP Member

Sorry, but I don't see the difference, literally. I've watched it a dozen times now and couldn't say whether it's supposed to represent one fading over the other. It's just a fade between, and doesn't imply any over/under order or anything about closing to me.

When you talked about a "close" animation I assumed you meant something different, and maybe you do. Different brands can use different stock animations if they wish. This is something that the launcher can change (I've confirmed this), so if you don't like it it is possible to change.

5. afp

afp Lurker

So you say its possible to "popup" the home page over existing running application? Like spreading it from the bottom home button over the whole screen?
    Where can I find someone to make a simple test like this? :)

6. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Extreme Android User

the traditional way to 'exit' an application in Android (although you're really only closing the part you see--the services continue to run in the background to serve you notifications) is by using 'back', not 'home'. 'home' is merely a minimize button.

7. Hadron

VIP Member

Install Nova launcher and select your preferred animation. Doesn't change behaviour, just how it's animated.

Personally I find showy animation irritating so just go for the least ostentatious.