1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wrong email address entered to set up Sense Account

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vittorrio, May 20, 2011.

1. Vittorrio

Vittorrio Lurker

Hi all
    My niece got her first Android device a few weeks back, but has realised that she has entered her email address ending in 'hitmail' rather than 'hotmail'. She also can't remember her password. Duh!

Is there anyway around this? I've been to the HTC website but all that can be done is email the password to the email address provided after entering the email address and answering the security question. But what happens if the wrong email address is entered to sign up?

Can she just set up another account and delete the account from her handset? Or will that wipe her phone?

Thank you all for any help provided.
    Some people should stick with basic phones and never venture into the world of the lasted tech. Lol :rolleyes:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. murzz

murzz Android Enthusiast

I think all she needs to do is delete the account on the Sense website then create another one using the correct email addy, pretty sure it wont wipe her phone mate.

3. Vittorrio

Vittorrio Lurker

Thanks!
    She told me that she was told it would wipe her phone - information from HTC themselves. Perhaps the guy on the helpline was having a bad day. Lol

Really appreciate your help.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews