• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wrong Email Body

musicfan76

Lurker
Jan 20, 2010
I have a Motorola Droid (completely up to date... not sure what that means in terms of operating system number, etc., but it is up to date) and I am using the standard email program with a personal email account that I have set up as IMAP through my 1&1 web and email account. I've never had a problem with my email account on Outlook, Thunderbird, or my old Palm Treo in the past.

However, there is this absolutely bizarre issue that I'm having with my email account that I am not seeing from anyone else on these forums or other forums...

Basically, I click on an email that has the subject and "from" fields of one email, but once it opens, it has the body of another email. Sometimes it is an email from earlier in the day, sometimes from a week ago, sometimes from a month ago. So literally, I go to open a CNN news alert email and instead of getting that, I get a LinkedIn community update email, or whatever.

It even happens if I try to respond to someone's email - instead of putting the email that I am responding to in the body of the email, it'll put another email in there. Not a problem if it is a perfectly innocent email, but I'm waiting for the day that I accidently send a piece of adult-orientated spam to my mom...

Has anyone heard of this issue from others or have any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks all in advance!

I've had my Droid since day one with no issues like this. Today I got 5 or 6 emails where the body of another, older email was shown instead of the correct one. Replies or forwards show the correct body of the email. Not sure why this is happening now - I just installed beautiful widgets and adroid agenda widget, but I doubt those have anything to do with it. Lastly, Touchdown shows the correct emails.

Upvote 0
Basically, I click on an email that has the subject and "from" fields of one email, but once it opens, it has the body of another email. Sometimes it is an email from earlier in the day, sometimes from a week ago, sometimes from a month ago. So literally, I go to open a CNN news alert email and instead of getting that, I get a LinkedIn community update email, or whatever.

The same thing happened to me. I think the issues started when I changed folders in the email app. I was able to resolve the problem by force stopping the app; after that, the right messages showed up. We should file a bug once we can find steps to consistently reproduce the issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones